Headlight upgrades?

Scott Davidson

Supporting Member
What are some new lights that i can put on my jeep that are bright as i can get with out breaking the bank, or having to change anything other than the bulbs. Thanks in advance. Scott

If you are not a fan of LED headlights (count me in that group), then one option is to use Hella 7" round E-code headlight conversion housings with H-4 bulbs. About $70 for the housings, a simple install using factory wiring, and H-4 bulbs are available in every auto parts store and online for higher wattage bulbs (which would require a wiring upgrade).

Hella_002395031_Round_H4_Conversion_Headlight_Housing.jpg

See:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_6001.htm,
https://www.********forum.com/f282/which-hella-e-code-199140.html [Replace ******** with Wrangler], also
https://www.****forum.com/forum/f9/hella-e-code-vision-plus-864393/ [Replace **** with Jeep]

You know it’s funny. Everyone talks about changing the sealed beams out to LED and get a brighter light

I have the halogen sealed beams and people flash me all the time thinking I have my bright lights on

My low beam on my 05 tj is better than the high beam on my 2010 bmw!

I just don’t see the point in changing what I have

Maybe I need to see a side by side dash cam video of the two to see a difference. That it drive one with LED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

You know it’s funny. Everyone talks about changing the sealed beams out to LED and get a brighter light

I have the halogen sealed beams and people flash me all the time thinking I have my bright lights on

Maybe I need to see a side by side dash cam video of the two to see a difference. That it drive one with LED

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

I was thinking the same thing. I like the fact that glass sealed beams don't scratch and cloud over also.

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
You better check the aiming of your lights, if people are flashing you with factory sealed beams. I'd say they are too high...

Driving home from work at night I use to get flashed at times by people thinking I had my high beams on when I didn't. I also started to notice about that same time that I couldn't see the road directly in front of the Jeep that well...especially on rainy nights with all the light glare. After lowering the headlight adjust just a tad I could see better plus the flashing stopped. Ha! Just a possibility?! I still have my original 2001 factory sealed beams in use...going to get my money's worth out of them :>)

You better check the aiming of your lights, if people are flashing you with factory sealed beams. I'd say they are too high...
X2 on that. If you lifted, put on bigger tires, ect. You need to adjust your headlights.

- full disclosure - i have not adjusted mine. I am guilty of headlights in the eyes.and it is because im lazy. I know i need to get it done.

Thanks Chris. I think I’m going to upgrade to the H4s. Especially now that I know I don’t have to splice into the factory harness. Good to know I can go back to sealbeams if I want and not worry about a cut up harness.

Sent from my iPhone