Headlights wont turn on

That's a pretty simple circuit without a relay, I suspect it's nothing more than your MFS (multi-function switch) you use to turn them on with. It's easily changed with nothing more than a philips screwdriver, avoid store brand replacements. Especially avoid Duralast.

great, that's what I was hoping. What is the best place to get that part? I suspect OEM is preferred?

thank you
Definitely Mopar OEM.
You can check with Rock Auto, Parts Geek, Amazon, EBay and numerous online Mopar parts distributors; but since the outbreak of COVID.... parts are a little more difficult to source quickly.
You didn't mention what year your TJ is and whether the headlight switch is in the dash panel or in the MFS.
Then you need to determine if the MFS stalk has the Fog Lights included before starting your search.

Our Grandson had the same problem on his 06 TJ with no lights (front or back last week. To check to see if it was in fact the MFS. We remove his MFS and removed and installed the MFS from our 05 LJ and all lights worked. We did get a replacement from NAPA $103.00.

Another headlight issue.

i was switching out my headlights with Oracle (Non-Halo) on my 2006 Rubicon. I heard a click from the PDC and the headlights never flickered or came on.
So i checked all the fuses inside and at the PDC. Nothing blown. I checked the the relays, the fog lamp relay will click when you turn the MFS to headlights and it clicks when you select fog lamps. Still no lights. So i switched relays and still get nothing but clicking. I did get a store bought MFS thinking that might be it and still get the same results with my Mopar one. It looks like I'm not getting power at all to the plugs for the headlights. Also, the horn quit working at the same time, when you press the horn, the relay for it will click and the high beam indicator will come on. At this point I'm stumped. I switched back to halogen lights, still nothing. I will eventually order a Mopar MFS but i feel there is something else that I'm missing since the relays click. Any ideas? Thanks.

20 amp Fuse #1 behind the glove box door is the only one that controls the headlights, have you checked it? That's a very simple circuit... from the battery to fuse #1, to the MFS, to the headlights. The horn is on a completely different circuit so their issues are not related.

20 amp Fuse #1 behind the glove box door is the only one that controls the headlights, have you checked it? That's a very simple circuit... from the battery to fuse #1, to the MFS, to the headlights. The horn is on a completely different circuit so their issues are not related.
Yes, I checked the one at the glovebox. Nothing is blown. When I hook the LED headlights up, I lose park lights. When I hook the halogens up I get the park lights back. But still no headlights. At this point I wish I had a blown fuse. The wires seem good. The plug for the MFS was cracked a little and I have never opened up the column before until now. Had the jeep since 2008.

Yes, I checked the one at the glovebox. Nothing is blown. When I hook the LED headlights up, I lose park lights. When I hook the halogens up I get the park lights back. But still no headlights. At this point I wish I had a blown fuse. The wires seem good. The plug for the MFS was cracked a little and I have never opened up the column before until now. Had the jeep since 2008.
It's time for someone with a volt-ohmmeter who knows what they're doing to check the wiring and voltages to see what's happening. I'm wondering if someone rewired the headlight plugs for who knows what reason and got two of the wires reversed. LED lights are polarity sensitive.

If you have fog lights, make sure they are properly plugged into their harness and then check the ground connections behind the headlights on both sides for a clean connection to ground

Thanks for the advice gents, I take a look at the grounds. It is at the age now for that kind of stuff. I'm going to pop open the old MFS and check for abnormal wear or burns. I guess it's time I got a multimeter as well.

Reactions: ColoJeep