Heat soaking I need advice

Allen

I have a 04 tj that when cold starts and runs great but after it gets up to normal operating temp and I cut it off for 10 or 15 min it doesn't want to crank unless I put gas in the intake I need advice on products to ust to help with this I already have a hood luver

There is a TSB for 2000-2004 TJs for a heat soak issue. Basically it just involves wrapping foil-backed thermal insulation around the #3 injector to keep engine heat from vaporizing the fuel inside the injector. Yours sounds bad enough that perhaps you should install it around all six injectors.

Here's the TSB, I bought the Mopar insulation described in it from Amazon.com but any foil-backed insulation would work. I was lazy at the time since I I knew where I could buy it in town at a local hotrod shop.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wj_1803103.pdf

Reactions: bobthetj03 and JP98
What Jerry said. I bought the insulation from the Stealership, but I'm sure Amazon is cheaper.
IMG_00135B15D.jpg

IMG_00035B15D.jpg

That doesn't sound like heat soak. I had heat soak in my 01 Cherokee. I would drive to the store, shut it off, go shopping, and then restart it to alot of rumbling and missfires. It eventually calms down after a minute or two. It always started but ran like crap for that short period of time.

Reactions: Serbonze