Heater Blower Motor

DuPont

Supporting Member
Heater Blower Motor making the chirping sounds at all speeds. Clears up at times, but suspect the motor needs replacing. I will pull it first and look for debris. Anyone have any brands they would recommend for replacement? I can get a little price break on Murray, locally, at O'Reilly. But Rock Auto has a few brands all close to the same price of each other, but less than the Murray. Guessing most, if not all, will be made in China. Have had luck with Murray products in the past.

I think they are all very similar, I'd get the overstock Ultra-Power from Rockauto. A few years ago they all had solid fan bases and now they all have those holes. You'll get 5-6 years out of a generic and it takes two seconds to click in a new one, not worth 3X the price for what is probably the same thing. I clean mine every year or two to keep it running smooth. I've run a generic for years and don't worry about it at all.

I think they are all very similar, I'd get the overstock Ultra-Power from Rockauto. A few years ago they all had solid fan bases and now they all have those holes. You'll get 5-6 years out of a generic and it takes two seconds to click in a new one, not worth 3X the price for what is probably the same thing. I clean mine every year or two to keep it running smooth. I've run a generic for years and don't worry about it at all.
Thanks. I ended up going with the TYC for about $12 more than the Ultra-Power. Reason was it was the only one with the limited Lifetime warranty. It was in stock and should ship very soon. I figured for $51 with shipping and tax even if the stock one has some junk on it, cheap repair and will last.

Reactions: pagrey
Just like any resource you have to be sure of what you are buying. I purchased the new style side mirrors for my 2002 TJ. Old mirrors would not stay adjusted. Reviews were awesome on these $50 pair of knock off new style mirrors. They bolted right on and were awesome for the money! Next I replaced my front wheel hubs with Timken ones from Amazon. Best price and had them in a couple days just in time for installation after I replaced my front axles. Again awesome product with quick delivery. But I reviewed the available brands for the blower motor and decided to pass on their options and go with Rock Auto.