Heater wont turn off

Tinytim14

So I have a 2000 jeep tj se and my heater wont turn off ive replace all there controls up front and the relay and still nothing i looked at all the vac lines they all seemed good so now im lost any thoughts?

I have had my jeep for about 2 years got it almost stock and its done it ever since ive owned it just got fed up and want it fixed

So TJ heaters don't have an "off" position. The blower only goes to low, and the heater, you can regulate temperature, pick anything from AC thru defrost but it will always be bringing in air. I think it has been that way since '87.

The fan motor is shut off when the main HVAC control is turned off. The heater core is always receiving engine temperature coolant so the heater core is always hot while driving. The amount of heat that is allowed into the passenger compartment is regulated by the blend-air door inside the HVAC enclosure. The blend-air door is controlled electrically by its small motor. It could be that the blend-air door assembly/motor is bad so it's not able to close off the heat from the passenger compartment.

HVAC flapper doors.JPG

That could be because when its on the "off" mode the fan is still very much blowing air not just leaking heat I mean still blowing air as if it was on fan speed 2 maybe if that make sence