Heating problems: Please help!

Rob.Love419

Hello
I recently purchased a 1998 Jeep TJ sport
4.0 automatic
I live in northwest Ohio and it’s been near zero degrees here!
My heater is not putting out hot or even warm air.
It might be enough to keep windows clear but not great
I have already
Flushed heater core 3 times
Changed water pump
Changed thermostat
And I seem to have all doors for the heat working as they should!
Please HELP
Thank you for your time
Rob Love
Findlay Ohio
8e1c697d50a4b5f037439e43a95a745a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did try that!
I flushed it normal and reverse and didn’t get much crud out and water seemed pretty clean

There is a recent post on here about someone using 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar to flush out the heater core. There is probably calcium/lime build up in the heater core that won't come out with plain water and its restricting the flow of the coolant in the core. I am going to try this on my kids 91 YJ because we also replaced everything and he barely has heat.

Reactions: sinatranate
Yea I just saw that post also
Let me know if it works
Taking it to a shop tomorrow for a FREE estaminet!
I’ll post what they say

“Yeah, you’re gonna need a super-duper extra special heater core flush. We can’t guarantee results. That’ll be bout tree fiddy.”

::doesn’t work::

“You need a new heater core. Now about that tree fiddy...”

- the radiator guy, probably.

“Yeah, you’re gonna need a super-duper extra special heater core flush. We can’t guarantee results. That’ll be bout tree fiddy.”

::doesn’t work::

“You need a new heater core. Now about that tree fiddy...”

- the radiator guy, probably.

Yeah, cause mechanics are crooks. :facepalm:

Are you getting good air flow through the vents? The heater core could be plugged up externally with mud/dirt/debris clogging up the fins that air would flow through preventing the air to heat up through the coils. Sadly, the only way to find that out is to remove the dash to get to the HVAC box. Not a fun job.

The most obvious thing to check first is to make sure the radiator is 100% full with coolant. I know it sounds stupid, but trust me, just check it when the engine is cool.

After that, I would suspect the blend door is the culprit. I'm almost certain that would be it. It's a common problem on our Wranglers.

As far as the blend door
I have the Manuel(cable driven) door and it seems to go as far As it can both ways

FWIW, If the heater core flows a full stream in both directions, and both heater hoses are hot enough that you don't want to hold them for very long when the engine is at operating temprature, the waterpump is flowing at full volume and the thermostat is working properly, I'll wager that the blend door is not seating all the way.