Hello all

BigWheel88

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Been lurking for a bit but thought i would say hello. Was previously lurking on jeepforum.com but like that this is all TJ stuff here. first jeep (or 4x4 of any kind) had i for about a year and still a few things i want to get squared away before i start heading to trails once the nice weather starts ( been a rainy few months in Sacramento and did not trust the tires in snow ) here are some pics of when a first got it.

IMG_20160703_162401.jpg

At Prairie City SVRA
Prairie city.jpg
IMG_20160625_181105.jpg

i love that the other forum was starred out like it was a bad word

You haven't seen this? Why are Wrangler Forum and Jeep Forum blocked?

On another note though, that's a damn fine looking Rubicon! Love the color, love that you've kept the factory Moab wheels (I kept them on my Rubicon too), and I love that you've kept it nice and simple (free of any light bars, angry bird grilles, etc.). What you have there is a very classic looking Jeep. I love it!

Reactions: glwood
i love that the other forum was starred out like it was a bad word
Those guys won't play nice with this forum, so Chris keeps their link from showing up. Most of us have come from there or places like it, after getting tired of all the crap and big mouths over there. You know the type, 'mine is the biggest, baddest Jeep around, none of you know what you're talking about'...seems most everyone on here is actually interested in getting or giving help to anyone who asks.

You haven't seen this? Why are Wrangler Forum and Jeep Forum blocked?

On another note though, that's a damn fine looking Rubicon! Love the color, love that you've kept the factory Moab wheels (I kept them on my Rubicon too), and I love that you've kept it nice and simple (free of any light bars, angry bird grilles, etc.). What you have there is a very classic looking Jeep. I love it!
Ditto.

Thx :) yeah don't plan on doing anything too crazy. Just functional upgrades. Replaced the headlights with new housings and LED bulbs cuz stock were crap. I actually just ordered a TrektopNX cuz weather was really nice last week it arrived yesterday but now it has ben raining all week and need it to warm up apparently

Reactions: Chris
Thx :) yeah don't plan on doing anything too crazy. Just functional upgrades. Replaced the headlights with new housings and LED bulbs cuz stock were crap. I actually just ordered a TrektopNX cuz weather was really nice last week it arrived yesterday but now it has ben raining all week and need it to warm up apparently

Very cool, I like what you've done with it so far. I hate when I see Wranglers that are "overdone" with way too much going on. Yours looks fantastic so far!

That looks good, especially on that color blue!

Was it a pain in the butt to install? I know my Supertop NX was!

Thx :) It was actually really straight forward. I laid the panels out in the backyard in the sun to let them warm up. Went out for a few hours and when came back just followed the directions step by step. Took about 30-45 min I guess. Quite happy how it came out. Zippers were a bit tight to reach the last inch or so but got some pliers for grip that was that. ( gonna tie a small piece or paracord to zippers for grip I think )

I can imagine it would have been a pain if it wasn't warm here today

Even opened the sun top at a stop light by myself and it was really easy. There is a bit of creaking around header when driving not sure what is causing yet but am very happy with it.

Reactions: Chris
Thx :) It was actually really straight forward. I laid the panels out in the backyard in the sun to let them warm up. Went out for a few hours and when came back just followed the directions step by step. Took about 30-45 min I guess. Quite happy how it came out. Zippers were a bit tight to reach the last inch or so but got some pliers for grip that was that. ( gonna tie a small piece or paracord to zippers for grip I think )

I can imagine it would have been a pain if it wasn't warm here today

Even opened the sun top at a stop light by myself and it was really easy. There is a bit of creaking around header when driving not sure what is causing yet but am very happy with it.

I think my mistake was I installed mine when it was cold as hell out! That was a nightmare, let me tell you!