Hello from central PA

LincolnJr

Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

After a long time of looking I finally purchased an LJ and I'm looking forward to working on it and hitting some trails with it. I heard PA has good trails.

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in the following lists, but I'm recording them here for my own reference to check back in a year or two and see how much has changed.

My LJ is a manual and came with:
- 33" BFG KO2s on 15x12.5 ProComps
- 4.10 gears
- 2" budget boost
- Smittybilt SRC front and rear bumpers and tire carrier
- a little body rust, but a good frame
- Bestop soft top

My initial plans include:
- address rust on body and protect frame
- change all fluids just in case
- replace OPDA (unless it already has been)
- replace the sad BB lift with higher quality parts, aiming for 2.5" susp lift and 1"BL
- ZJ drag link and tie rod
- fix/replace busted console subwoofer
- Smittybilt SRC safari roof rack

Future plans may include:
- further suspension upgrades like antirock or adjustable control arms and such
- spare set of wheels for winter tires
- hard top
- ???
- LS Swap, of course. :p

Reactions: Chris
Hi everyone,

After a long time of looking I finally purchased an LJ and I'm looking forward to working on it and hitting some trails with it. I heard PA has good trails.

welcome, PA does have good trails & the smaller TJs & even LJs are built for this environment as compared to the newer JKUs, JLUs & Gladiators, our trails are heavily wooded, rocky, hilly & tight so the shorter & narrower your rig is the better, often. You're less than 50 miles from Rausch Creek, AOAA & Famous Reading trails, tons of good stuff.

Great list & good idea to start it now, it will evolve rapidly as your wallet empties just as fast. But, you can't take it witcha 😜

welcome, PA does have good trails & the smaller TJs & even LJs are built for this environment as compared to the newer JKUs, JLUs & Gladiators, our trails are heavily wooded, rocky, hilly & tight so the shorter & narrower your rig is the better, often. You're less than 50 miles from Rausch Creek, AOAA & Famous Reading trails, tons of good stuff.

Great list & good idea to start it now, it will evolve rapidly as your wallet empties just as fast. But, you can't take it witcha 😜
Yes! Dirt Every Day has done some episodes at Rausch Creek and AOAA, I think. (And in the Susquehanna River, haha!) I hadn't heard of the Reading trails, though.

Clearly you’re ready to spend some serious bucks! Wouldn’t you know that you’re in the right place too. We love helping other people spend their money 😉😆

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: pc1p
Welcome from southeastern PA!

And of course, you should know....
This thread is worthless without pics

welcome fellow LJ and central PA native. Rausch is a good time. a few of us are going up feb 13 if your interested.