Hello from Florida (for now)

bcon2010

Good afternoon,
I feel its time for me to drop a thread here and introduce myself. I am lucky enough to be behind a wheel of an 05 LJ. She is my first jeep and my first vehicle I bought. I got her after a deployment back in 2012. Since then she has made a cross country drive from Wisconsin to Virginia and back. Then from Wisconsin to Florida then a drive to Wisconsin and back to Florida. Got to love Navy life. I am planning another long haul out to lovely Lemoore, CA. I am the second owner of her and lucky for my she had all her work done at a dealer before me and was in great shape at 55,000 when I got her. Since then I have put some miles on her done, 136660 miles, and some work on her: roof rack, ZJ steering swap, ram air intake, ford explorer fan and fan clutch, GMC headlight harness, and more small ones. I have control arms, 2" spring compressors, ball joints, u-joints, and upper front control arm bushings for the axle side in my garage that need to be put on. I want to get a better lift done the line but right now I just want to get a good part swap on her to got proscribed maintenance done too. I have used the threads here on a couple and planning on a few more too in the near future. I just want to take care of her and make her last while having fun and riding trails. She has some rust and a few scratches/dents but hey its a jeep. I bought her mainly to do overlanding on the weekends and daily driving her. But well that's all I got. If you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to shoot me a message. hope to see yall on the trails.

Reactions: dschwes and Chris
Welcome to the forum from one military (former) member to another!

Sounds like you've got a solid LJ there that you're certainly enjoying. I'm glad you finally came out of the shadows and decided to post. It's great to have you!

I know that we have a lot of Florida members on here!

Reactions: bcon2010
Welcome and thank you for your service! Lots of military folk here. I myself am an Army vet with one iraqi tour and my son was an MT in the Navy.

Its my pleasure, I have been literally around the world and seen some cool things. I probably wont have gotten into jeeps if I didn't join. I need something reliable and my dad suggested a jeep because I would be able to fix it or get parts and knowledge on how to fix it pretty easily.

Welcome to the forum from one military (former) member to another!

Sounds like you've got a solid LJ there that you're certainly enjoying. I'm glad you finally came out of the shadows and decided to post. It's great to have you!

I know that we have a lot of Florida members on here!

Heck yeah man, I don't know why I haven't done it sooner. Lots of great info on this site that has helped!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
There's no shortage of Jeep parts (or help / advice), that's for sure!

Heck yeah man, I don't know why I haven't done it sooner. Lots of great info on this site that has helped!

Glad to hear that! The site has really come together as a great place for TJ owners to meet, get advice, and info. I'm glad it's turned out the way it has... very glad!

Glad to hear that! The site has really come together as a great place for TJ owners to meet, get advice, and info. I'm glad it's turned out the way it has... very glad!
Yeah at least there are very little trolls here! On the JL forum people only bitch and troll most times it seems. So glad this place is fun to read!

Yeah at least there are very little trolls here! On the JL forum people only bitch and troll most times it seems. So glad this place is fun to read!

I've noticed this as well. I don't have an account, but I browse the JK and JL forums from time-to-time just to see what's going on. You're right when you say that they have a lot of trolls and bitching going on. Not sure why that is, but there seems to be a lot more "drama" going on.

I won't let this place end up like that. I'll remove those people before it ever happened.

Reactions: Artemis
Welcome to the forum...If I had a whistle I'd pipe you aboard :D

Great to hear you getting plenty of use out of your Jeep...may the fun continue.

Reactions: bcon2010