Hello from Florida

JTJones

Supporting Member
Greetings all. Glad to be here and back in Jeep. Just the little bit I've been nosing around the resources here are invaluable! So much knowledge and experience!

I had a '66 CJ5 in my twenties. Had the Buick 225 v6 and a 3 speed. I paired it with a Ford T-18 4 speed transmission. Loved that engine! Rebuilt it from bumper to bumper. In college I went a year with no starter. Just pushed, hopped in, popped the clutch and on my way. Had a lot of fun in that old Jeep. Sold it when my sons (twins) were born to pay bills. Such is life.

They are 20 now and I recently recovered from a bout with cancer. After 2 years of that I decided I needed more fun so I just found a solid 2000 Sport. They wanted it stock so we can work on upgrades together....teaching them more than just oil changes and tire rotations. Them learning a stick was a hoot! On our first trip out we only had 2 near death experiences over 3rd pedal confusion....(No son, the gas and brake are still in the same position....HA HA).

Future upgrades include gears, lift, tires, paint. Now working on Ac compressor not engaging......such is Jeep life. I really appreciate this forum. As I said, you just can't put a price on the wisdom shared here.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks Johnny. I'm Justin from the farming fields of northern Florida. Nice to know you!

Welcome to the forum and way to live your life by purchasing a Jeep. Congrats on beating cancer (I lost my dad to it late last year) too!

You'll find there's lots of Jeep owners on here from Florida, that's for sure. Seems to be a popular spot!