Hello from GA

2006TJ1

TJ Enthusiast
I've been a member on the forum for about a month now but haven't posted any pictures of my Jeep yet!

anyway, I'm a first time Wrangler owner, so this is definitely a new adventure for me. can't wait to start improving.....

this is a 2006 x that had around 90k miles on it when I got it.... it has 33" tires and a 2" spacer lift (I have no idea why the PO thought that was a good combo) but I am installing a body lift pretty soon after Christmas to correct that lift deficit.
since taking this picture (I've had it for a couple months now), I've done a few minor things like replacing the headlights w LEDs, but hopefully will be replacing the coil spacers with true springs soon in conjunction w the body lift.

have been loving it and can't wait to get more involved!
ee340be98518c2371471ecc9d469d5b5.jpg

Welcome aboard! Nice Jeep. What are your plans for it? What kind of wheeling do you want to do with it.
well at this point (and probably a while) it's my daily driver... so I'm definitely going to be on the road more than off, but I still want to be able to do some light wheeling, probably more mud/dirt trails than rock crawling. I know of a Jeep jamboree near me and I can't wait to go this year

as of now tho I can't disconnect the sway bars bc the tires will go crashing into the fenders and I really don't have any additional flex anyway bc the springs are stock length w pucks on top so I definitely have a little room for upgrades

Glad your here. Already good interacting with you. Nice Jeep to work with!

Reactions: Starrs
well at this point (and probably a while) it's my daily driver... so I'm definitely going to be on the road more than off, but I still want to be able to do some light wheeling, probably more mud/dirt trails than rock crawling. I know of a Jeep jamboree near me and I can't wait to go this year
Where are you located?

Nice looking TJ, and glad to hear that everyone here has been helpful so far. There's a great bunch of people here, and everyone seems very willing to help without jumping down someones throat (which can't be said about all forums).

I assume you're going to replace the coil spring spacers with a real lift? If so, good choice!

Nice looking TJ, and glad to hear that everyone here has been helpful so far. There's a great bunch of people here, and everyone seems very willing to help without jumping down someones throat (which can't be said about all forums).

I assume you're going to replace the coil spring spacers with a real lift? If so, good choice!
thanks! and yeah I've already gotten tons of help from everyone here....

but yeah I think after I get done with the body lift, I'm going to replace all the springs either w bds or procomp coils and then after that I'll look into the condition of the shocks... from there there isn't really anything that needs to be fixed (the PO did a lot of odd stuff lol), just things I want to improve or change :)

It looks to be in good shape! Always a good idea to replace coil spring spacers with the proper length springs and shocks when money permits. I've never ran coil spring spacers before, but a nice lift will ride tremendously well.

I've been a member on the forum for about a month now but haven't posted any pictures of my Jeep yet!

anyway, I'm a first time Wrangler owner, so this is definitely a new adventure for me. can't wait to start improving.....

this is a 2006 x that had around 90k miles on it when I got it.... it has 33" tires and a 2" spacer lift (I have no idea why the PO thought that was a good combo) but I am installing a body lift pretty soon after Christmas to correct that lift deficit.
since taking this picture (I've had it for a couple months now), I've done a few minor things like replacing the headlights w LEDs, but hopefully will be replacing the coil spacers with true springs soon in conjunction w the body lift.

have been loving it and can't wait to get more involved! View attachment 27244
Welcome! I'm right across the border in Auburn, glad to have you around!

The great thing about Jeeps is that you can actually make it your own statement. I'm sure whatever you can do will be the best for your style and that is all that matters. You and I both will be able to benefit from the resident experts on this forum. I'm new to so welcome.

Reactions: Chris
The great thing about Jeeps is that you can actually make it your own statement. I'm sure whatever you can do will be the best for your style and that is all that matters. You and I both will be able to benefit from the resident experts on this forum. I'm new to so welcome.
definitely trying to learn as much as I possibly can... I'm already addicted