Hello from Oregon, first time Wrangler owner

Delmar Voegele II

Hello fellow Wrangler owners. Its a privilege to be a part of a TJ-LJ community. I bought my first Wrangler and since have done things to make it really mine. Changed all kinds of stuff on it. That's the beauty of owning one of these things. I've always wanted one, then one day I decided I wasn't going to wait anymore. I had a few toys sitting around that I just didn't use that much anymore and decided that I needed to turn them into cash so I can go get myself a Jeep. Amazingly all my toys sold within a 1 week time frame and the cash built up quick. I was watching ads from every source I could think of looking for a good deal. Then one day I saw this 05 Rubicon Unlimited come up. It was still out of my reach by about 5 grand but I called the owner to talk Jeeps. I didn't have enough money for that one but I was really impressed with how it looked. I was about 5k short of having enough cash and made sure she knew it. I didn't want her to think I was wasting her time. She lived 5 hours away anyway so I knew I wasn't getting it right away. I thanked her for her time and she said that she would be willing to talk Jeeps anytime and keep in touch. I had 13,500 saved and climbing. I don't know what happened over night, but the next day I got a text message from her saying she would accept my 13,500 if I still wanted the Jeep. I was shocked. I texted back immediately and said yes. She told me she got off work at 4 that day and If I could make it up there by then I could take it home. I was there early and waiting for her. It had 64,249 miles on the day I bought it. The only thing I was hoping for was a stick, but it was Automatic. I settled for it anyway and for the price I wasn't letting it go. I also got both tops with it. After I got it home I contacted Jeep and asked if I could in anyway get a factory build sheet for it. Jeep told me there is a Dept. called Jeep Cares that can help me with anything I want to know. I contacted them and sent them my vin. no. and they gladly sent me my factory build sheet, and then let me know that my Jeep was one of only 50 made. I wondered what that was and asked them why. They told me that they were not allowed to disclose any of that information because it was proprietary information. But even though I don't know what makes mine one of 50 I do have documentation from Jeep as to the proof of it. I've loved driving it and using it for commuting as well as traveling and off roading. It has been so dependable and is making many awesome memories that I will enjoy for a lifetime. My daughter is already noted to get it in my will. It will be a family heirloom from now on, but while I'm alive I will enjoy every minute of it. I couldn't be happier.
0712171324a.jpg
0324171653.jpg
0618161234a.jpg
0702171116.jpg
0701171301b.jpg
0730161659.jpg
0827161816.jpg
0517171756.jpg

Okay, first off, you STOLE that LJ Rubicon! That person could have sold it for 25k plus any day of the week, so they must have really wanted to get rid of it. Seriously though, low mileage, clean LJ Rubicons are starting to get up to the 30k mark as far as cost goes!

Secondly, welcome from one Oregonian to another! I'm in Salem, Oregon myself. There's a bunch of us from Oregon on here as well, including forum regular @StG58 and many others. Nice to see another Oregonian representing.

I'd also like to add that that AEV / Mopar front bumper is extremely rare, and highly sought after. Those things go for a pretty penny when (and if) they ever pop up used. Do you by chance have the matching rear bumper?

You should be one happy guy right now, because I'm not kidding when I say you absolutely stole that LJ... Hold onto that thing because you'll never find a deal like that on a clean LJ Rubicon again as long as you live!

Whoo-hoo! Welcome aboard! First off, submit this picture of your LJR next to the lake (6th one?) In the TJ of the month. That's a cool rig.
0730161659-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. A beautiful jeep indeed. Glad your dream came true in regards to buying your first jeep. Being a TJ Owner is getting to be more and more special every day.

Reactions: Delmar Voegele II
Okay, first off, you STOLE that LJ Rubicon! That person could have sold it for 25k plus any day of the week, so they must have really wanted to get rid of it. Seriously though, low mileage, clean LJ Rubicons are starting to get up to the 30k mark as far as cost goes!

Secondly, welcome from one Oregonian to another! I'm in Salem, Oregon myself. There's a bunch of us from Oregon on here as well, including forum regular @StG58 and many others. Nice to see another Oregonian representing.

I'd also like to add that that AEV / Mopar front bumper is extremely rare, and highly sought after. Those things go for a pretty penny when (and if) they ever pop up used. Do you by chance have the matching rear bumper?

You should be one happy guy right now, because I'm not kidding when I say you absolutely stole that LJ... Hold onto that thing because you'll never find a deal like that on a clean LJ Rubicon again as long as you live!
Chris, i appreciate the help trying to find that rear bumper for me.... lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Super deal! Miles of smiles ahead of you and behind! Good to see another nice LJR out there. It’s encouraging seeing new TJ’s popping in all the time that are in good condition. Gives me hope of finding another one in the next few years.

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I live in the Oakridge area in Oregon. I'm up North of Oakridge about 6 miles or so up on High Prairie. I love it here closer to the mountains. About the front bumper, I actually called the Jeep parts dept. in the Eugene Jeep dealership, and they looked up this from bumper to see if there was any in stock. The guy told me that there were actually still 6 available around the country at other inventory warehouses. He said the price was around 600 for one. And for the rear bumper I actually do have that one as well. I changed it to a swing away bumper because the new spare tire was a lot bigger then the original. I did 't want to ruin my door. I've tried to respond to everyones welcome messages from my home but I live so far from the cell tower that I can't get a signal up there unless the conditions are just right. It really frustrating at times. Whoever else reads this please know I appreciate all the welcome messages. Today I am sneaking into the office computer at work which is supposed to be off limits, but its only for a few minutes. Thanks to everyone again for all the welcome messages. I hope that I can get on here more often. Right now there is also snow on the tower and all over my antenna's. I haven't had a signal for a couple days now.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
If that is the rear Mopar rock bumper you have, be prepared to be bombarded with requests about selling it...:eek:
Apparently the snow will shield him from the bombardment...until he gets signal, and then the whole mountain will fall on him, burying him under hundreds of feet of requests! He may never be back after that. LOL

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I live in the Oakridge area in Oregon. I'm up North of Oakridge about 6 miles or so up on High Prairie. I love it here closer to the mountains. About the front bumper, I actually called the Jeep parts dept. in the Eugene Jeep dealership, and they looked up this from bumper to see if there was any in stock. The guy told me that there were actually still 6 available around the country at other inventory warehouses. He said the price was around 600 for one. And for the rear bumper I actually do have that one as well. I changed it to a swing away bumper because the new spare tire was a lot bigger then the original. I did 't want to ruin my door. I've tried to respond to everyones welcome messages from my home but I live so far from the cell tower that I can't get a signal up there unless the conditions are just right. It really frustrating at times. Whoever else reads this please know I appreciate all the welcome messages. Today I am sneaking into the office computer at work which is supposed to be off limits, but its only for a few minutes. Thanks to everyone again for all the welcome messages. I hope that I can get on here more often. Right now there is also snow on the tower and all over my antenna's. I haven't had a signal for a couple days now.
I would be buy the rear bumper? Pics?

I would be buy the rear bumper? Pics?

I will try to get pics of it this weekend. It is in perfect condition. Not sure what I want out of it yet. I suppose whatever it would take to replace it if I decided I would need another one. It is the single bar that is bent around on each end, and it has the Jeep logo cut into the metal plate that holds it all together. It was the match for the front bumper. One of the history reports in my car fax was a note from the original owner and he said he would only use genuine Jeep replacement parts. Once I get some pictures I will reply or post what it looks like. Also not sure how to go about buying and selling on this Forum. I'm just getting used to how things are working.

I will try to get pics of it this weekend. It is in perfect condition. Not sure what I want out of it yet. I suppose whatever it would take to replace it if I decided I would need another one. It is the single bar that is bent around on each end, and it has the Jeep logo cut into the metal plate that holds it all together. It was the match for the front bumper. One of the history reports in my car fax was a note from the original owner and he said he would only use genuine Jeep replacement parts. Once I get some pictures I will reply or post what it looks like. Also not sure how to go about buying and selling on this Forum. I'm just getting used to how things are working.
Yes that would be great. Just send me some pics?