Hello from South Central Virginia

Thanks for the welcome David. I actually pick up my TJ tomorrow morning! Grandson riding with me to help me get it home (only 30 miles away). Once home, Iā€™ll report back with all the mods it has, as well as photos. Think Iā€™m really going to enjoy being a ā€œJeepsterā€! šŸ‘šŸ»

Welcome to the forum (and the addiction)!

I suppose being from South Central Virginia is better than being from South Central LA šŸ˜‰

Welcome! That's a beautiful part of the country you're in and where I'm aiming to retire one day. My dad finished out his career in DC so I did some growing up in NoVA, and though I have zero plans to ever set foot back in that part of the state I absolutely love the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding areas like Front Royal, Sperryville, & Natural Bridge.

What kinda color you got going on there, is that factory? Looks good.

Hi qslim and taylormade73,
im about 15 Miles South of Richmond. Kind if halfway between the Bay and the Blueridge Mountains. Nice area.
i just picked up my TJ this morning, so after getting it home and giving it a good bath, I started to check out my door tag. The paint is factory. The code for it is PJY which is ā€œInca Gold Pearl Metallicā€. (I havenā€™t seen another TJ, painted this color anywhere)! I know in 2003, 212 Jeep Rubiconā€™s weā€™re painted Inca Gold (but not sure if they were ā€œPearl Metallicā€). If anyone knows, please pass that along. In addition, if anyone knows the number of 2003 ā€œPJYā€, that would be interesting to find out!
On my door tag, it shows my TRIM as ā€œP5DVā€. I havenā€™t been able to decipher that yet, so if anyone knows, please pass it on! In addition, my TJ was Manufactured 12-02.
i did notice the TJ called for a black hard top, or, a black soft top (I think thatā€™s how I read it). With the TJ i got a GREY hard top (could be aftermarket) in addition I got a BLACK soft top, with the required mirrors. Oh, also the front part of the tub is carpeted in black.
i will Post photos later, but Iā€™m about done with it for today. Exciteded to get it home and in the garage!

Welcome to the forums! Also great to see another person from Virginia on here! I'm in the Martinsville area! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your TJ!

Thank you qslim for that link you provided! Entered my VIN and got a 5 page listing of standard equipment. My TJ has been thru a bunch of upgrades, but printed the VIN listing as a great reference guide.

Reactions: qslim
Thank you qslim for that link you provided! Entered my VIN and got a 5 page listing of standard equipment. My TJ has been thru a bunch of upgrades, but printed the VIN listing as a great reference guide.

yeah that helped me a bunch when I got my first TJ a couple years ago to understand what I have. Thereā€™s a ton of great info on here, Iā€™d start over in the TJ resources forum if I were you - Chris has all the factory service & parts manuals you can get for free, plus a lot of great guides for general knowledge.

Welcome to the forum 2003tj, always room for one more! I'm still pretty new myself.

Everyone here's been super nice to me!

And I'll chime in, we want some pix!

Let me see if I can attach a few photos of my TJ.

122718AD-1ADE-4E82-911B-8ECD354A0AD5.jpeg
539F1751-919D-4E7B-91D4-7FC570EBEAA1.jpeg