Hello from the Netherlands

Bas-NL

Hello from the Netherlands.
I bought my TJ around a year ago and it is still pretty standard..now in quarantine i try to get some ideas.

IMG-20191013-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20191013-WA0014.jpg

Welcome to the forum, you’re in the right place.

Not sure how many members we have form the Netherlands, but I suppose TJs aren’t all that common there, huh?

Great looking TJ too!

Welcome to the forum, you’re in the right place.

Not sure how many members we have form the Netherlands, but I suppose TJs aren’t all that common there, huh?

Great looking TJ too!

TJ's arent very common over here..people are always looking. And in comparising with al the European cars over here its big.:)

Looks great and very clean, why - don't you like the looks or the function on how you want to use it?

First mod will be the headlight and the lights on the bumpers to LED..only the problem over here is that all the lights have to be with an European a proval so there is not a lot of choice and pretty expensive..

Other thing.. i am no sure of i stay with the diamond plate with WRANGLER behind the lights.. i believe the previous owner made it

TJ's arent very common over here..people are always looking. And in comparising with al the European cars over here its big.:)

Yes, I've heard they aren't very common over there. What about the newer JK and JL Wranglers, are they more common?

Yes, I've heard they aren't very common over there. What about the newer JK and JL Wranglers, are they more common?

The newer JK and JL aren't also very common, and for that money ( 90-115k ) people prefer a BMW or Audi SUV.
Also the price for fuel ( 1,5 dollar fore 1 Liter = 0.26 Gallon i believe ) and consumption determines the choice.

Reactions: Blondie70
The newer JK and JL aren't also very common, and for that money ( 90-115k ) people prefer a BMW or Audi SUV.
Also the price for fuel ( 1,5 dollar fore 1 Liter = 0.26 Gallon i believe ) and consumption determines the choice.

That makes sense. Fuel is a lot more expensive over there than it is here in the U.S., so I could see why the Wrangler wouldn't be the most popular vehicle over there.

Got to ditch the doors and top and go for a ride, it'll make you love freedom so much you'll get a bald eagle tattoo. :LOL:

How strict are modification rules enforced there? As you will learn stock is the worst.

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
Got to ditch the doors and top and go for a ride, it'll make you love freedom so much you'll get a bald eagle tattoo. :LOL:

How strict are modification rules enforced there? As you will learn stock is the worst.

When i bought the Jeep the previous owner gave me also a Besttop sofftop "black twill " he called it. So maybe in the summer i will change the roof..
Regulations are strickt..every year every car ( when it is older than 2 years ) is checked at more dan 100 differents point on the car..from rust,lights,seats,emmisions,suspension,tires,rubbers,engine maintenance etc..
When it not passes the inspection..you can't get on the road..

• Wow
Reactions: TJ2
Veldhoven is a part of Eindhoven ( the City of the brand Philips )
Correct ..Belgium is around the corner 30 minutes drive..and Amsterdam about 1 hour.
Welcome to the group from South Central Virginia! Having lived in Europe for over 15 years, mainly GERMANY, I have visited your beautiful country on many occasions. I DEFINATELY understand the restrictions you have to deal with, when getting a vehicle thru Government Inspection Stations! A friend of mine had a time registering a vintage Studebaker Truck, and has recently registered a F150 Ford, that is some years old.
Wishing you the best with your Wrangler! Please let us know of your travels in your Jeep, as well as what modifications you have planned,

Welcome to the group from South Central Virginia! Having lived in Europe for over 15 years, mainly GERMANY, I have visited your beautiful country on many occasions. I DEFINATELY understand the restrictions you have to deal with, when getting a vehicle thru Government Inspection Stations! A friend of mine had a time registering a vintage Studebaker Truck, and has recently registered a F150 Ford, that is some years old.
Wishing you the best with your Wrangler! Please let us know of your travels in your Jeep, as well as what modifications you have planned,

Many thanks and i also love Germany ( 45 minutes drive to the border ) sometimes i work over there for projects.
The yearly inspections are a challenge for every "older " car owner over here..when you think everything is oke..they will find something unexpected..like to much friction/tension on some rubber and you don't get a pass..

No pass = no driving and no insurance coverage

Regulations are strickt..every year every car ( when it is older than 2 years ) is checked at more dan 100 differents point on the car..from rust,lights,seats,emmisions,suspension,tires,rubbers,engine maintenance etc..
When it not passes the inspection..you can't get on the road..

That is terrible news! Of those items you listed, I think my jeep would fail every single one. Rust - yep, lights - LED / removed blinkers / added new fog lights, seats - cut and welded a new back on the rear seat from a JK, emissions - cut out my 3rd cat, suspension - everything cut off front and welded by me (teaching myself), tires - over sized mud terrains, rubbers - not sure what that is since thats the word we use for condoms, engine maintenance - rear main seal leak / cone filter due to engine bay clearance, etc etc God Bless America where we have too much serious crime to worry about car maintenance laws.

Would the cops let you drive with no roof? That's really the only way to truly experience JEEP.

My connection to your part of the world is my family name is Rozeboom, as far as I understand, my father's father was the first to immigrate from Holland and settled in Holland, Michigan. There's a pretty strong Dutch community in those parts, though I no longer live near there. One of my brothers did some research and visited Holland (which he loved) and his findings indicated our ancestors were likely from the state of Friesland, but I know nothing of it or much of your country unfortunately. I did have a layover in Amsterdam once and really wished i could go out and explore the area, but could not make it work. One day hopefully I can see your country.

Reactions: 2003TJ