Hello from the Netherlands

Yes the Yearly Inspection is one of things i don't like. When you have rust,holes or cuts in the part what is crucial of the stability and structur of the vehicle you have a problem. The protection plate of the tank had some rust parts and wasn't complete any more..so i failed the inspection. It costed me around 500 dollar to get the new plate ( it is not a common part over here )

Rozeboom is a common last name ( Literally translated - Rose Tree ) . Friesland is upper North i live in the South.
Friesland has their one flag and they speak also Dutch but also there own "Frisian "language.. It is like old english gallic scandinavian mixture. Amsterdam is nice but not with the TJ.. because of the emission your not allowed:oops:..
Other thing the streets are very small in the centre of Amsterdam.

When you have any questions about my country or try to find/translate about your family name send me a PM

Yes the Yearly Inspection is one of things i don't like. When you have rust,holes or cuts in the part what is crucial of the stability and structur of the vehicle you have a problem. The protection plate of the tank had some rust parts and wasn't complete any more..so i failed the inspection. It costed me around 500 dollar to get the new plate ( it is not a common part over here )

Rozeboom is a common last name ( Literally translated - Rose Tree ) . Friesland is upper North i live in the South.
Friesland has their one flag and they speak also Dutch but also there own "Frisian "language.. It is like old english gallic scandinavian mixture. Amsterdam is nice but not with the TJ.. because of the emission your not allowed:oops:..
Other thing the streets are very small in the centre of Amsterdam.

When you have any questions about my country or try to find/translate about your family name send me a PM
My roots begin in Western Finland, which was a Swedish speaking area of Finland. I have many relatives still in that area, and also a few in Sweden. My family and I have travelled extensively throughout Europe, as well as visiting Denmark and Sweden. A Couldn’t tell the number of times we’ve been to Holland! When a former post asked if you’d drive Jeep with top off, I immediately remembered Dutch Police on the Autobahn, with open top Porsche and as I recall bright orange helmets on! 😬. I figured, then, they would need a Porsche to catch anyone at speeds travelled! 😂. Again, a beautiful country which my family and I very much enjoyed visiting! 👍🏻

I forgot, Yes we can drive around without the roof.:)

The Porsche that is correct... i think it was in the 80-90's. Know a day's they don't wear any helmets and drive in VW , Volvo or Mercedes depends.
Some Porsche's are preserved and in the Police museum
2048x1152.jpg

Reactions: matkal
Welcome from Germany, I like your TJ
I always thought the German TÜV (Technical Monitoring Association) would be strict when it comes to checking a car.
We only have to check every two years. Of course, technically everything has to be fine with us too.

Reactions: 2003TJ
Welcome from Germany, I like your TJ
I always thought the German TÜV (Technical Monitoring Association) would be strict when it comes to checking a car.
We only have to check every two years. Of course, technically everything has to be fine with us too.

Many thanks and nice to hear that the neighbours are around:).
I think the inspection is more and less similar to the TUV only at some points stricter.

I forgot, Yes we can drive around without the roof.:)

The Porsche that is correct... i think it was in the 80-90's. Know a day's they don't wear any helmets and drive in VW , Volvo or Mercedes depends.
Some Porsche's are preserved and in the Police museum
View attachment 157547
Those photos are EXACTLY what I saw, and this was back in the ’80’s! I thought it was pretty COOL to see what Police were using! 👍🏻

Many thanks and i also love Germany ( 45 minutes drive to the border ) sometimes i work over there for projects.
The yearly inspections are a challenge for every "older " car owner over here..when you think everything is oke..they will find something unexpected..like to much friction/tension on some rubber and you don't get a pass..

No pass = no driving and no insurance coverage
Do you ever get over to Duisburg, DE? Just across the Rhine. Good friend and Wife live there. He’s an Obermeister in a big Chemical Factory there. He’s the one that restored a Studebaker truck, sold it, and now in process of restoring a Ford F-150. He has visited me, here, on a couple of occasions. Nice guy.

Do you ever get over to Duisburg, DE? Just across the Rhine. Good friend and Wife live there. He’s an Obermeister in a big Chemical Factory there. He’s the one that restored a Studebaker truck, sold it, and now in process of restoring a Ford F-150. He has visited me, here, on a couple of occasions. Nice guy.

Duisberg is not far for me , about 1 hour drive. It is a nice area and friendly people.

Reactions: 2003TJ
Hi all. Hoi Bas,
I am from Holland aswell. Near Gouda. (Cheese city but the cheese is factory made elsewhere now)
I have a 2000Sahara. Just got it this month from www.Americars.nl in Kaatsheuvel.
I had a ‘52 gmc 1500 pickup untill recently and some bikes but needed to clear out ‘cause of too many toys.
Now I have the Jeep a 4th gen Ram and a Yamaha Grizzly 700. I love American cars.
Another 5 years to go and the Wrangler will be a classic so that everything will be easier. Less insurance, less frequent compulsory checks.
Indeed, the Netherlands has too many rules and regulations. Especially compared to the USA. But we cope and make the best of it.
Go for the leds and just switch them out if you have to do the anual check.
stay in touch!

john

Hi all. Hoi Bas,
I am from Holland aswell. Near Gouda. (Cheese city but the cheese is factory made elsewhere now)
I have a 2000Sahara. Just got it this month from www.Americars.nl in Kaatsheuvel.
I had a ‘52 gmc 1500 pickup untill recently and some bikes but needed to clear out ‘cause of too many toys.
Now I have the Jeep a 4th gen Ram and a Yamaha Grizzly 700. I love American cars.
Another 5 years to go and the Wrangler will be a classic so that everything will be easier. Less insurance, less frequent compulsory checks.
Indeed, the Netherlands has too many rules and regulations. Especially compared to the USA. But we cope and make the best of it.
Go for the leds and just switch them out if you have to do the anual check.
stay in touch!

john
hey John,
nice to hear there is another " dutch guy " . hope you enjoy the Sahara. i know Americars ( vincent and his dad ) ..been their some years ago to look at some Jeeps. in my hometown i have a friend and he started to speciallise in 4x4 and Jeeps. he started 15 years ago( by Jeep importer in NL ) and now has his own garage shop and is very wellknowed in the dutch jeep scene and also active in the offroad scene.
So when you have some questions send me a PM and we talk in Dutch ;)..and also the forum is a great help

Reactions: matkal and Chris