Hello from TX!

Tony13

IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_5251.jpg

Hi everyone, this is my TJ that I got back in October, and as it sits now. I found her as I was eating dinner one night at a restaurant, she belonged to a kid that worked there, and I simply asked if he was interested in selling (he hated that it was old and did not have power windows and I-pod capabilities lol) . We exchanged numbers and he talked to his dad, and now she's mine. Its a 2001 Sahara with only 54,000 miles, (Got a great deal IMO) So far I added a 4" lift and Method wheels with 285/16 MTZs. I also have a winch and some LEDs that im planning on installing this weekend. Thanks for having me!

That's a great looking Sahara, congrats on the purchase! With 54k miles, that thing is basically brand new.

I've always been a fan of the Sahara interior color too.

Reactions: Tony13
Nice looking jeep. Is that a Bestop Safari Top?

Thanks everyone!! the tan interior is actually not my favorite, but it is growing on me. I was originally looking at a 2004 Rubicon but it was $5,000 more and hade 140k miles on it.

How do you like the MTZs? They're on sale right now from 4wheel parts and come with a rebate so they've been added to tires I'm looking at. Any experience in the rain with them? I've heard good things about the Cooper ST Pros that they share alot with...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

How do you like the MTZs? They're on sale right now from 4wheel parts and come with a rebate so they've been added to tires I'm looking at. Any experience in the rain with them? I've heard good things about the Cooper ST Pros that they share alot with...

I was back and forth on deciding between the MTZ's and the Coopers. I ended up with the Coopers, mainly because they have Armor Tek in the sidewalls and I'm on the rocks. I am very pleased with the Coopers (I'm at 4,000 miles and counting). Climbing in the rocks is clearly good. Climbing in mud is also excellent. Stopping on road in rain is solid. Both tires are made by Cooper, of course....My .02c

Reactions: Tony13
View attachment 39024 View attachment 39025

Hi everyone, this is my TJ that I got back in October, and as it sits now. I found her as I was eating dinner one night at a restaurant, she belonged to a kid that worked there, and I simply asked if he was interested in selling (he hated that it was old and did not have power windows and I-pod capabilities lol) . We exchanged numbers and he talked to his dad, and now she's mine. Its a 2001 Sahara with only 54,000 miles, (Got a great deal IMO) So far I added a 4" lift and Method wheels with 285/16 MTZs. I also have a winch and some LEDs that im planning on installing this weekend. Thanks for having me!
Nice rig! Another Texan, Welcome. Come down and wheel with us in the Hill Country. Late notice, but we'll be at Hidden Falls near Marble Falls, TX this Saturday morning.

I really like the MTZs, I actually haven't had them off road yet but if they are anything like the ATZs they will be great. They are great on road, not loud at all and I have a soft top. Rain driving is ok as long as you don't hit any puddles going 50mph+ but that was the case also with my previous tires. I think it has more with the TJs lighter weight, I hit a deep puddle at like 50mph and almost lost control. Regular rain driving is fine, they stop well and have good traction, just slow down on the larger puddles. Thanks

Nice rig! Another Texan, Welcome. Come down and wheel with us in the Hill Country. Late notice, but we'll be at Hidden Falls near Marble Falls, TX this Saturday morning.

Thanks I've been wanting to go there, ill have to plan a trip though. So far I've been to Bridgeport and dirt roads, but nothing major. Do ya'll go to hidden falls often?

Thanks I've been wanting to go there, ill have to plan a trip though. So far I've been to Bridgeport and dirt roads, but nothing major. Do ya'll go to hidden falls often?
Usually once every couple months. There are some other off-road parks we hit alternate times. Wolf Caves, and two or three others I want to do; SWR, Katemcy, and Trees

I really like the MTZs, I actually haven't had them off road yet but if they are anything like the ATZs they will be great. They are great on road, not loud at all and I have a soft top. Rain driving is ok as long as you don't hit any puddles going 50mph+ but that was the case also with my previous tires. I think it has more with the TJs lighter weight, I hit a deep puddle at like 50mph and almost lost control. Regular rain driving is fine, they stop well and have good traction, just slow down on the larger puddles. Thanks
Nice, I'll keep them on the list! Sharp looking TJ!