Hello from Will ('05 Rubicon Unlimited)

eSkilliam

Supporting Member
Hello all, I'm Will from Indiana. I'm new to the forums but have had my Wrangler for over 4 years now. It's a '05 Rubicon LJ, mostly stock. Any build from it will be a slow build $$$, but there are many things I'd like to do to it and figured I better get connected to a community because I want to do the work myself and will probably have questions here and there.

I'm also an amateur radio operator and have a good thousand other hobbies I neglect on a regular basis.

IMG-4232 (1).JPG

IMG-4231 (1).JPG
IMG-4233.JPG
IMG-4229 (1).JPG

Fantastic looking Rubicon, you did well, and you are in the right place 👍

Hello all, I'm Will from Indiana. I'm new to the forums but have had my Wrangler for over 4 years now. It's a '05 Rubicon LJ, mostly stock. Any build from it will be a slow build $$$, but there are many things I'd like to do to it and figured I better get connected to a community because I want to do the work myself and will probably have questions here and there.

I'm also an amateur radio operator and have a good thousand other hobbies I neglect on a regular basis.

View attachment 137158

View attachment 137160View attachment 137161View attachment 137162
Show me your radios! I have a TS-480SAT and a TM-700A I am mounting in a 2002 TJ X I just got.
I am running a little Tarheal II for HF and a Diamond SG-7900 for 2M, 70cM. I am trying to figure out where to put them, RAM mounts most likely from one of their 18" aluminum core flex stocks.
KJ5XJ... yes, My last jeep was a Cherokee... with over 450,000 miles on it.

Show me your radios! I have a TS-480SAT and a TM-700A I am mounting in a 2002 TJ X I just got.
I am running a little Tarheal II for HF and a Diamond SG-7900 for 2M, 70cM. I am trying to figure out where to put them, RAM mounts most likely from one of their 18" aluminum core flex stocks.
KJ5XJ... yes, My last jeep was a Cherokee... with over 450,000 miles on it.

I'll see if I can dig up a picture. In the meantime, I have an Icom IC-718, a TS-480, several other radios in varying states of disrepair including a Swan 350. I also have several smaller CW QRP radios, mostly kits including a 30 meter QCX kit I got for Christmas but haven't started on yet. I have a Yaesu FT-817 (My QRP swiss army knife), and a mobile FT-1900 which is in my Mazda truck. I don't currently have a mobile in the Jeep but maybe soon. I also have an array of HT's. I have a Yaesu FT-65r, an Icom IC-W32A(I modded it to use with an Arrow for satellites), a DMR HT that I've yet to figure out, and a few 'fengs. The hamstick dipole setup you see in the pictures is one what I'll hopefully be using for field day along with the IC-718. I've got hamsticks for 20, 30, and 40. Sorry for the jumbled up rambling. I was typing as I was going through the shack in my mind lol.

***edit*** oh, and my call is easy to remember: WI9LL

• Haha
Reactions: Jeepn_Texas
I'll see if I can dig up a picture. In the meantime, I have an Icom IC-718, a TS-480, several other radios in varying states of disrepair including a Swan 350. I also have several smaller CW QRP radios, mostly kits including a 30 meter QCX kit I got for Christmas but haven't started on yet. I have a Yaesu FT-817 (My QRP swiss army knife), and a mobile FT-1900 which is in my Mazda truck. I don't currently have a mobile in the Jeep but maybe soon. I also have an array of HT's. I have a Yaesu FT-65r, an Icom IC-W32A(I modded it to use with an Arrow for satellites), a DMR HT that I've yet to figure out, and a few 'fengs. The hamstick dipole setup you see in the pictures is one what I'll hopefully be using for field day along with the IC-718. I've got hamsticks for 20, 30, and 40. Sorry for the jumbled up rambling. I was typing as I was going through the shack in my mind lol.

***edit*** oh, and my call is easy to remember: WI9LL
It's all good, Ham radio people tend to think in multi-channel.