HELP! Aligning upper control arm at axle

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Everything else is bolted up, I just need to get my upper control arm aligned at the axle. It’s a literally like half an inch too short to reaching the hole. Anyone got any ideas?

It’s 5.5” of lift up front and uppers are stock CA’s

Last edited:
download.jpg

Reactions: Chris and IPerkWVU
your not going to want to run stock upper control arm with a 5.5inch lift your going to want an adjustable pair even if you do get your bolt in your pinions angle is going to be way off causing drive-line vibrations.

What did I miss? You are installing a 5.5" lift? WTF! I would suggest against driving it without that arm hooked up.
Not my rig. Another guy. He has to go home

Not my rig. Another guy. He has to go home

Ahh, got it! Which arm is it? Passenger or driver side. If driver side, he might get away with it if he goes slow. Have you tried a ratchet strap to line it up? Is it on it's wheels?

Passenger side upper at the axle on passenger side. On the ground with wheels

It’s 1/2” short, tried ratchet strap and broke one.

You might have better luck bolting the arm at the axle side and lining up the joint at the frame end. Take a long pry bar and have a helper wedge it to the bottom of the front tire and pry up on it while you try to get a bolt thru the bushing.

No, they’re aftermarket, but not adjustable

That’s all sort of fubar. I would say you should adjust the lowers in this case, but clearly you can’t.

I wouldn’t want to try and ratchet strap anything in place, because that just means things are binding.

Have you jacked up the front axle by the pinion to see if that upper arm will go in when the axle has weight on it?

You might also be able to put a floor jack on the front of the lower spring perch thus moving the pinion down.

You might also be able to put a floor jack on the front of the lower spring perch thus moving the pinion down.
These are good ideas and I really appreciate it. We tried a few things but unsuccessful at making any real progress. We drove it and it seemed fine under normal driving conditions. I hated to see him go without solving it. It feels unfinished (bc it is).

Is the axle centered properly after installing the lift? If you didn't adjust the trackbar the axle will be shifted a good amount which could cause what you're experiencing

Reactions: JMT