Help can't figure out last transfer case wiring harness

mynamesrickgrimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi all,

I recently sold my Atlas II transfer case to a good friend who does far more wheeling than I do. In its place, I've nearly completed the install of a 231 transfer case.

All of the wiring harnesses have found their home except for ONE! Can't figure out what this thing is. Small circular cap on it which comes off when depressing the small metal tab (left of the cap)

Anyone have any ideas what this may be?

THANK YOU!

1.jpg

Hi all,

I recently sold my Atlas II transfer case to a good friend who does far more wheeling than I do. In its place, I've nearly completed the install of a 231 transfer case.

All of the wiring harnesses have found their home except for ONE! Can't figure out what this thing is. Small circular cap on it which comes off when depressing the small metal tab (left of the cap)

Anyone have any ideas what this may be?

THANK YOU!

View attachment 136367
Found this quote from mrblaine in another post:

The harness for all 97-02 TJ's with the 4.0 does indeed contain the wiring for the 32RH regardless if it came with a manual or auto. The TCC connector harness is always folded back onto the harness and taped in place and capped off with a little round plug held in with a wire clip. It is located slightly past mid point over on the passenger side right over the trans.

Reactions: Blondie70 and Daryl
ha, I was gonna drop in and say don't worry about it, I've always had a 231 and I have the same little round cap, but instead I learned what it's actually for.