Help Diagnosing Problem with Cruise Control and Vibrations

ltrain7281

Supporting Member
Hello all,

My wife and I recently bought a 2005 LJR and are in the process of fixing it up the way we want it to look. We just had a local offroad shop install a Currie 4" suspension lift, Currie 1" body lift, Currie motor mounts, Currie sway bar, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, and 315/75/R16 Cooper STT Pro's. We also had the gears changed to 4:88's since we were moving up to bigger tires. Tires are on original Rubicon wheels with Spidertrax spacers.
Since having the lift done the cruise control has stopped working. The light on the dash will not come on and none of the controls on the steering wheel seem to work either. The cruise control worked fine before we took the Jeep into the shop to have the lift and other parts installed.
I have also noticed that the Jeep seems to idle a little rougher than before and it also has some vibration when I get on the interstate going over 65MPH. The check engine light has also come on and the error is P0016. This code is telling me that the crankshaft and camshaft are out of time?

Have any of you ever had these problems after lifting your Jeep or are these separate issues not related to the lift?

Thanks in advance for any help.

It likely is unrelated to the lift, but it is possible something got bumped.

It may just need synchronized and then the PCM forced to do a cam crank relearn (using a scanner), or it could be a symptom of something bigger, like a loose timing chain.