Help identifying wire under hood

JoeTheCarGuy

I was exploring underneath my hood (2004, 4.0, Auto) last night and I noticed a frayed wire bundle above my battery. I unplugged the two plugs to my ECM(?) and noticed that one wire had the insulation rubbed off. I need help identifying the wire and also some insight as to whether it may have caused any damage to any of the electronics. The damaged wire is white with a blue tracer, located in the center (white) plug loom. I found the cause and corrected that already. Thanks!
33941950-CC45-4EDB-A351-A90192CFEB11.jpegD5CDAE8D-FE5E-4CA3-8D78-1090698B93AB.jpeg

If it's just one wire there's probably no damage. Which plug is it of the 4, that'll help with hunting it down on the wireing diagram.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: JoeTheCarGuy
I'm not sure exactly which wire that is (you need to check the FSM to tell you for sure), but that shouldn't have caused any damage. Just put some electrical tape over it, clean it up, and you should be good to go without any worries.

If you don't have a FSM, download one here:
Jeep Wrangler TJ Factory Service Manuals (FSM) & Technical Documentation

That will have all the wiring diagrams in it.

I was exploring underneath my hood (2004, 4.0, Auto) last night and I noticed a frayed wire bundle above my battery. I unplugged the two plugs to my ECM(?) and noticed that one wire had the insulation rubbed off. I need help identifying the wire and also some insight as to whether it may have caused any damage to any of the electronics. The damaged wire is white with a blue tracer, located in the center (white) plug loom. I found the cause and corrected that already. Thanks!
View attachment 32511View attachment 32512
Did it just look bad or was it causing some sort of issue(s)?

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
After rewrapping the bare wire:
A. CEL is no longer displayed on dash
B. Engine seems to run smoother
It appears to have been the B4 pin, fuel injector #1
Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

5DA08C98-3AB2-4674-ADEF-E6F1F3C5B059.jpeg

Reactions: KCsTJ