Help me choose soft top color

Spice or black soft top on Flame Red TJ?

• Total voters

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So my soft top zippers have failed and I need a new top. Help me choose the color.
Edit: Interior is black
Disclaimer: I won't necessarily go with the pole. LOL
IMG_0747 (1).JPG
spice top.jpg

Last edited:
what color is your interior?

I like to match the top color with the interior, so if it's gray go with a black top, if it's spice go with that color for the top

...I'll vote, once you tell us what color your interior is..

Reactions: matkal
what color is your interior?

I like to match the top color with the interior, so if it's gray go with a black top, if it's spice go with that color for the top

...I'll vote, once you tell us what color your interior is..
I knew I forgot something, thanks. Interior is black. I get what you're saying though but I like both.

I have matching spice safari top & duster cover on my black Sahara. I have the Camel interior as well. But I also have a lifetime supply of Old Navy khaki cargo pants (that my wife would love to burn)

Reactions: VallenMaes
My flame red has the spice top (Trektop NX) and I think it looks great. Non-Jeeping friends tell me they like the color because it is different from all the Jeeps they see with black tops. I do have camel interior.

Reactions: Tob and matkal
I have a dark blue TJ. Originally I had a black hardtop and black softtop.
After my zippers on my softtop broke, I found a great price ($100 Cdn) on a used khaki/spice (not sure) softtop.
I originally did not think I'd like the look, but it it was functional and helped my wallet.

Fast forward to today - I LOVE the color combo. So much so that I plasti-dipped my wheels a bronze color and have started with bronze-ish accents. It totally grew on me.

You also previously had a black softtop. Even just for the simple "change of pace" from what you previously had, I'll vote for spice. She will feel like a newer vehicle.

I have a rampage on my LJ, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Yeah, I've been researching/ reading reviews and have decided on a Bestop replacement top(or whatever they call it). The bad Bestop reviews are mostly that they don't even come close to fitting right out of the box, if i get one of those it goes back. As for the others, the bad reviews seem to come after they've been used as while and warrantee claims might be an issue.

I have a rampage frameless going on a year now. One of the seams pulled away and shows the smallest bit of sunshine, I email and made a warranty claim. Doesnt leak just a bit of sunshine. They asked for pics and proof of purchase. Sent it in an email and they called me to ask if the address they sent it to the first time was a good address. They sent a whole new top windows bag and all. Its still sitting in the box waiting for the other one to fail. I will say its hard to put the overhead part on and off but if you plan on using it as a bikini when the windows are out i think its a great budget option. That said its just that a budget top. NOT as nice as a new bestop but it works well for my standards.

Well, I ordered a Spice Bestop today. I kept going back and forth between black and spice but everybody has a black top and I'm a bit of a contrarian. I'll post pics when I get it installed.

Great choice! I think you'll like it, I love mine.

Did you go with OEM replacement style or a TrekTop NX?