Help Reassembling Front Driveshaft Double Cardan

Breto31

TJ Enthusiast
Putting my front driveshaft back together, and I’m having trouble getting the final Ujoint (on the double cardan end) back together.

I can get the Ujoint into the yoke ears, but I can’t the final cap into centering yoke (the spring loaded piece at the end). I can’t get the final cap over the little tab on the centering yoke.

Any tips?

Putting my front driveshaft back together, and I’m having trouble getting the final Ujoint (on the double cardan end) back together.

I can get the Ujoint into the yoke ears, but I can’t the final cap into centering yoke (the spring loaded piece at the end). I can’t get the final cap over the little tab on the centering yoke.

Any tips?

check the caps on each side to make sure you don’t have a roller floating around.

just rebuilt my rear and it popped in smooth

Photos of what you've got right now might help. I broke the little tab off the centering yoke the very first time I did one.

Reactions: PRNDL
Photos of what you've got right now might help. I broke the little tab off the centering yoke the very first time I did one.

That’s exactly what I did. I had the H yoke sides in, and the one side on the centering yoke, and then I broke off the tab (💪🏻) trying to get the last side in.

New centering yoke is coming today.

F34FAD75-4DE4-48A0-8E6A-6D3B21097899.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: JMT and Apparition
That’s exactly what I did. I had the H yoke sides in, and the one side on the centering yoke, and then I broke off the tab (💪🏻) trying to get the last side in.

New centering yoke is coming today.

View attachment 366479

ok, seat the caps in the centering yoke first, THEN hammer in the caps on the H-yoke sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ocho