Help removing windshield mould, pilar panel

ChrissCross

Hello all!

I hope this is going in the correct forum. I'm trying to remove my interior windshield moulding, but can't find any quick how-to's on YouTube for the Tj. (Partially because I have no idea what this thing is called) I ordered some grab bars I am attempting to prep my ride for, so I would like to get these off as soon as possible.

(Refer to attached picture) I got as far as removing the visor and three Philip screws to the right. There appears to be two plastic screw things that are a pain to get out, so I wanna make sure I don't remove them unless I have to. With those phillip screws removed, it does wiggle, so I'm not sure whether to plant my feet and snatch or If I'm missing something important.

Thank you 💖

15853616422706444642929977481476.jpg

You have to take out all the screws, and then if I recall correctly you have to pull hard, as it's held in place with some plastic retainer clips.

@toximus might be able to correct me if I am wrong. I suspect with his windshield repair, he has removed them more recently than I have. Last time I took them off was well over a year ago.

Lol I will plant my feet and yank it off tomorrow morning. Hopefully it doesn't snap off, but either way I will update.

Thank you!

You have to be careful when yanking it, just like you do with all plastic trim pieces. If you yank too hard, the clips break off, and then you're screwed. I've always used these things:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRNKY8P/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Believe it or not, tools like that make removing interior trim panels much easier, and much less risk of damaging things.

• Love
Reactions: billiebob
Wanderingtrail.com has pictures on removing that trim piece in his electronic mirror install under the TJ/LJ Mods > Electrical (I referenced his steps to install my gentex compass/temperature mirror). Need to remove the plastic door surround to access the upper plastic trim screw (iirc). The trim piece is not that difficult to remove when using a plastic trim tool.