Help reviewing and adding to my build list

wmblore

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, would like some help on building my list.

Jeep is a 2002 Tj Wrangler X, 4.0L, 5 speed. 150,000. All stock currently. Original hardtop and soft. Live in San Diego and this is my first jeep although I had an original Bronco (I miss it).

How it will be used:
Weekend driver with some basic trails. No rock Crawling.
Why:
Mostly aesthetic, would like good freeway driving but ability for basic 4WD and camping.
Time;
Unlimited, but would rather spend the extra money now and do as much in one shot.
Mechanical ability:
Fairly good, but no access to a lift. Plan on doing most of the work myself except re-gear or where advised not to.
Budget:
?, prefer to buy used and save money (craigslist, ebay, discounts, etc.), but not afraid to spend money where needed.
Weight:
Has a hardtop, and I like the look of the Tubular designed front, rear and side rockers. Yes, will be adding crap that makes it heavier.
Theme:
It will have a ridiculous amount of Red, White and Blue

PLAN:
I would like to do a body off restoration. Treat the frame, (SEM Rust reformer, POR 15, bedliner or powder coat.) then replace everything I can that is needed with 150,000 miles.
Exterior:
Tubular look.
I have the Rugged Ridge side rockers with step and rear tubular with hitch.
I have the EAG "American Flag" half doors.
I need a front bumper and winch.

Tires and wheels:
Can't decide and find a budget combo. I like the look of the 33X10.5X15 but CL and marketplace are flooded with 35X12.5X17. Also hard to find the 31"and 32" tires which seemed to be recommended hear the most. I want to go BFG KO2's and non stock rims. Something like the Amercian Racing wheel centerlines blacked out. Really having trouble finding a budget choice and meet drivability and look. I would prefer no spacers but get a little lost on rim width, and back spacing as to what would be best.

Lift:
2.5" with possibility of 1"BL. I like the idea of cherry picking the lift parts so need a lot of help here.
Rancho 5000x shocks, EMU Springs, ?
Do I need SYE, Steering stabalizer, replacement control arms.
Is this adjustable track bar any good? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=123578637012 FYI curious because I like the look.

Gears:
Change to 4.56's

Interior will be simple Flag seat covers, bed line the interior of the cab. and would like to add touch screen with rear view and Dashcam. Suggestions?

Could use help on the other parts I should replace after the body is off. Bushings, mounts, etc.

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.