Help sourcing an e-locker

Willhugh

I realize I'm likely not the only one in this boat, but figured someone might be able to help. I'm trying to source an Eaton e-locker for a Dana 30 front axle. I've had one on order for several months and was told yesterday it's going to be at least the end of April before I see it. Does anyone have a lead on an available unit? I see a couple on Ebay, but they're the old model.

I started a winter rebuild project and ordered all of they typically suggested modifications - super 35, e-lockers, gears, Savvy lift, Swayloc, etc. All the other parts have shown up, or are on their way, and I'm currently working on the rear axle build. The front locker is going to be the hold up. Was planning on running 27 spline, but could go to 30 if it made sourcing the locker easier.

Will

I realize I'm likely not the only one in this boat, but figured someone might be able to help. I'm trying to source an Eaton e-locker for a Dana 30 front axle. I've had one on order for several months and was told yesterday it's going to be at least the end of April before I see it. Does anyone have a lead on an available unit? I see a couple on Ebay, but they're the old model.

I started a winter rebuild project and ordered all of they typically suggested modifications - super 35, e-lockers, gears, Savvy lift, Swayloc, etc. All the other parts have shown up, or are on their way, and I'm currently working on the rear axle build. The front locker is going to be the hold up. Was planning on running 27 spline, but could go to 30 if it made sourcing the locker easier.

Will
I have one in a Dana 30 due to swapping in a HP 30. It has 4.56's on it. I'll check to see if it is 27 or 30 spline if that helps. I suspect 27 spline or we would have moved it over to the new axle.

I have the front Super 30 e-locker...I'm waiting on the rear Super 35. Just called 4wp and they said 8 to 12 weeks...which is the same thing they said the last two months.

Might need to buy a Bridgeport, a lathe and roll my own.

Meanwhile my front axle sounds terrible. It wubba wubbas on coast. I thought the PO had a ox locker in there...I have videos of it chirping on pavement...but it's sure open now. If it breaks more then it's going 4.88 while the back stays 3.07 which means no 4x4.

-Mac

I have one in a Dana 30 due to swapping in a HP 30. It has 4.56's on it. I'll check to see if it is 27 or 30 spline if that helps. I suspect 27 spline or we would have moved it over to the new axle.
I would definitely be interested. Please let me know what you find and what you'd like to get for it.

Will

I have the front Super 30 e-locker...I'm waiting on the rear Super 35. Just called 4wp and they said 8 to 12 weeks...which is the same thing they said the last two months.

Might need to buy a Bridgeport, a lathe and roll my own.

Meanwhile my front axle sounds terrible. It wubba wubbas on coast. I thought the PO had a ox locker in there...I have videos of it chirping on pavement...but it's sure open now. If it breaks more then it's going 4.88 while the back stays 3.07 which means no 4x4.

-Mac
Sounds like we have the reverse problem, lol. I must have gotten lucky on the rear locker - ordered it in early December and had it on my doorstep a week later. Came through justdifferentials, which I'm assuming is a drop shipper.

Justdifferentials.com looks like it's a a shell for Nitro Gear.

Been on hold for 22m... everything shows in stock on the website...

-Mac

Same boat here. I ordered a 30 spline Dana 30 eLocker back in mid-November and have no idea when I'll see it! :(

If Blaine doesn't have what you want Quick Performace stockpiles these things and then sells them when inventory is low. You didn't give a part number so I don't really know what you are looking for but as far as I know they don't drop ship, they have inventory.

If Blaine doesn't have what you want Quick Performace stockpiles these things and then sells them when inventory is low. You didn't give a part number so I don't really know what you are looking for but as far as I know they don't drop ship, they have inventory.
19818-020 is the part number I'm looking for. If Blaine doesn't have one I'll have to check those guys out. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: pagrey
Justdifferentials.com looks like it's a a shell for Nitro Gear.

Been on hold for 22m... everything shows in stock on the website...

-Mac
Took me a while to get through to them yesterday, but they were able to provide an estimated ship date (not sure how much stock I'd put in it though).

Took me a while to get through to them yesterday, but they were able to provide an estimated ship date (not sure how much stock I'd put in it though).
I got through to Nitro and nothing for a Super 30 or 35 in stock.

I called Quick Performance and same answer.

Might call Eaton and see what's their holdup...it's either shipping, labor or parts or all three...

-Mac

Reactions: Irun
I got through to Nitro and nothing for a Super 30 or 35 in stock.

I called Quick Performance and same answer.

Might call Eaton and see what's their holdup...it's either shipping, labor or parts or all three...

-Mac
I spoke with someone at Eaton this morning. All they would tell me was that the dana 30 e lockers were backordered (both 30 spline and 27) and they didn't have an estimated availability date. If you're able to get more info out of them, please let us know.

I spoke with someone at Eaton this morning. All they would tell me was that the dana 30 e lockers were backordered (both 30 spline and 27) and they didn't have an estimated availability date. If you're able to get more info out of them, please let us know.

Was on hold with Eaton for 52 minutes and they hung up on me.

Yes I'm looking for a 35 and Will is looking for a 30...I think we're all asking what's happening with Eaton and are they doing anything about it or are we just going to be left hanging.

-Mac

took a look at one supplier just out of curiosity

19819-020 - earliest ship date Tuesday, June 07

Uffa!

I'd take that Will...call Revolution and get some shafts and the shims and bearings and run with it.

I'm wondering if I need to consider ARB air lockers or if I'd just be in the same holding pattern.

-Mac

Why call these businesses and ask what the hold up is? That just means they have to deal with you and not the product they should be working on getting out. Just let people get back to work by leaving them alone and letting them do their job. Everybody is held up and we basically know why.