Help wiring round taillights

MeanGreen86

Buy once, cry once
Supporting Member
I picked these up and i have some questions. These came with 4 wires ground, DRL, turn signal, and brake. I know enough about wiring to get in trouble so I figured I'd ask here. I picked these over litedot because i like the style more. Is there a way to wire in the DRL into the current harness or do i need to run a wire back from the fenders? I have backup lights for the bumper. If I made a mistake so be it, they were only 30$. any help is appreciated.
3u7OG9f.png

baxIsEF.png

@Jerry

Are you saying I connect the DRL and Red tail light wire on the tail light and splice it into the stock wiring?
No. The red wire from your new tail light is strictly for the brake light. That wire connects only to the Jeep's brown-red brake light wire. It lights the tail lights whenever the parking lights or headlights are on.

The new turn signal's black tail light wire connects to the Jeep's black-yellow tail light wire.

The TJ controls the rear turn signal by flashing the appropriate side's stop light, there is no separate turn signal wire in the Jeep. I dunno how you'll get that fancy Flow Turn Signal function to do its thing.

No. The red wire from your new tail light is strictly for the brake light. That wire connects only to the Jeep's brown-red brake light wire. It lights the tail lights whenever the parking lights or headlights are on.

The new turn signal's black tail light wire connects to the Jeep's black-yellow tail light wire.

The TJ controls the rear turn signal by flashing the appropriate side's stop light, there is no separate turn signal wire in the Jeep. I dunno how you'll get that fancy Flow Turn Signal function to do its thing.
I guess i'm still not getting it. If i have 3 wires (minus ground) coming from new tail light and two wires from factory tail light (minus back up) is a wire getting left out?

I guess i'm still not getting it. If i have 3 wires (minus ground) coming from new tail light and two wires from factory tail light (minus back up) is a wire getting left out?
Like Jerry said.
Old light has brake and turn on the same wire going to the same bulb. Not sure how to get two separate circuits (from the jeep) to your new light.

Like Jerry said.
Old light has brake and turn on the same wire going to the same bulb. Not sure how to get two separate circuits (from the jeep) to your new light.
Yeah I think i'll just bite the bullet and get the Max Built ones. I didn't want to drill the tub and i really liked the ones from amazon. Eh 23$ i guess i should've done more research.