Help with 1997 TJ engine wiring harness and 2000 TJ dash wiring harness

Gingerbeardman37

I recently removed my 97 tj tub and put a 01 tj tub on. I used the 97 engine bay wiring harness along with the engine/pcm. On the inside I used a 01 wiring harness. I turned the key over and engine fired up but cluster isn't working. Could some please help with my issue. I have read that 97 to 00 TJ used a CCD bus and a 01 to 06 used a PCI bus. Any input would be greatly appreciated.......thank you!

Simple answer use the 97 dash harness and cluster.

But you will have some issues with the newer ac controllers. Unless you used the ac box from the 97.

Its going to be a tough project for sure.

Thank you for your info. I guess thats what Im going to have to do. Do you know if the wiring harness will match up to the 01 steering column?
That i am not sure about. You are getting into some deep electrical trouble shooting.

Under the dash on the driver's side is a connection block. If the column wires look similar to the 97 it should work. I believe the around that year they moved the headlight switch and fogs to the steering column. As long as the connection is the same where it plugs into the dash block i don't see why it would not work. But i would have to look at both.

Reactions: Gingerbeardman37