Help with 2020 Jeep Rubicon

JAC

Hi,
Purchased 2020 Rubicon in March (less than 50k miles) and drove less than 50 miles and the car would not start. Has been at a Jeep dealer for 6 months without successfully being able to diagnose even with the technical experts. Some of the repair records attached with the technical notes. Any advice/suggestions?

1696539331512.png

1696539298640.png

Well without stating the obvious (which I think you already know), this is a forum for 1997-2006 TJs.

That's not to say that you aren't allowed to ask your question here, I just can't promise you'll get many responses.

But that's aside from the real head-scratcher here. I'm shocked that your vehicle has been sitting for 6 months. Never in a million years would I be okay with that...NEVER.

I wold have pulled it after a few weeks and taken it to an independent, reputable mechanic. Warranty or not, I'm not waiting 6 months, period.

That would be my suggestion to you.

My experience with dealerships is that they are generally the last place you want to go for repairs or diagnostics.

Have you checked the aux battery?

Your JL has dual batteries, of which the smaller aux battery (located under the engine bay fuse box), is notorious for causing issues like these. We deleted one on a JT after it suddenly died and drained the main 12V battery with it.

Edit: Just saw that both batteries have been tested. Didn't see it in my first scan of that wall of text. I'd be looking into lemon law at this point.

Unfortunately most independent shops do not have ASE certified mechanics, and many are underpaid wrenchers goin thru OJT on your vehicles. My brother has been in a few shops, and now runs one past 5 years that hes about to buy. Sad reality

For warranty work, ya should deal with the most qualified people for your model. Crap made nowadays is getting more stupid and complex. You need to be on the phone with Jeep cusromer service more

If you are not happy with a dealerships results, call Jeep and have them bring it to another Dealership. At the very least, have they offered payment reimbursement and a loaner??

They should, others do

Last edited:
Seen this.

Have them check the wiring at the sway bar disconnect system thoroughly.

6 months is crazy, in California that Jeep would have already been considered a lemon the dealer would have to talk it back.

6 months is crazy, in California that Jeep would have already been considered a lemon the dealer would have to talk it back.

Lemon law in ca is for new cars only not used iirc.

Reactions: PNW_LJ