Help with 32RH transmission torque convertor

Medali

TJ Enthusiast
Hi
A new problem but really at the worst moment ...
Just after the problem of the broken engine, I was very happy to finally find a new engine ... Just installed, I did not even have time to try my car again ...
I had always (since I bought the vehicle) a very small oil leak (a few drops that fell from time to time) but nothing serious, I checked daily oil levels and I do not I have never found anything missing ... But the expert insisted to treat this defect and told me that it was an easy repair ...
To summarize, he told me that it comes from Seal rings, which he replaced.

37caf91d6a2f88ed84af7df35457a7bd.jpg

By reinstalling the transmission (32rh), the problem was supposed to be closed, but to my surprise, the car was not moving forward or backing off either ...[emoji19]

We added more oil, (in total 7 liters) the speed release occurs with a lot of delay ... sometimes it works, sometimes no ...

The mechanic is worried, he is lost ... He does not find the cause ...

We are sure of nothing, but we think that it may be due to the torque converter, he thinks that we must add oil...

This is my question, should the torque converter oil be poured directly TO the torque converter or is it from the transmission oil ...?

It's been 2 months without jeep, how to solve this problem ...?

Envoyé de mon MHA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Torque converter should be filled during installation. Adding mor and more and even more oil is a pretty good way to blow Orings and gaskets. An empty converter will not do anything. It uses the oil to function. If your "mechanic" does not even know how to install a transmission I would argue he is NOT a mechanic.😤 I would find someone else before you have nothing left🤑!

Reactions: Medali and Chris
Last update.
The car moves only after the excessive filling of oil

66d24706af0021ded04cf34cc6090637.jpg

After measurements, the oil level is 2 times higher than average ...
I tried to remove one to two liters of oil to get closer to the safety interval ... But oddly as soon as I withdraw a little oil (even half a liter), the car does not move anymore !?!

I assumed that maybe the gauge is defective, so I tried to test the car on highway. And the result is very disappointing... The oil flows from the crankcase and everywhere ... Whenever exceeds 80 km / h, The oil flows even more ... And the oil level measurements do not really drop ...
I'm sure there is a fault somewhere, but the mechanic still can not detect. Maybe it's the pump ...?
If anyone has an idea of what this might be, please give me a guide

Envoyé de mon MHA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

1. set parking brake
2. start engine
3. put jeep into NEUTRAL
4. check level

Must happen with engine on and in neutral to check level.

Ok, many people do not know how to check the level. Pull the pan, check for a large amount of debris, it will look like dark sludge. Also is it burnt smelling? Burnt means the clutches maybe having an issue.

It sure sounds like the pump gasket was damaged during installation letting the pump suck air that's why it works when you over fill it