Help with front track bar flag nut

Hello all changing out the front track bar and the flag broke off the nut! Any suggestions?
You can sneak a wrench in from the driver's side. There is an opening that it will fit through. Get a box end in there and then hit the bolt with an impact to break the bolt. You want it to break next to the nut or it gets to be a real bitch to get out.

I got a wench in there but none fit or I could not bet the right angle to get the box end to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the exact size that nut is? I am fairly sure this is a factory track bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to the dealer and bought a replacement after I broke mine. We initially used a nut during the reinstall but that was a poor decision, it loosened up on the highway.

I will get a new on just have to get this one off first and it is being a pita!

I went to the dealer and bought a replacement after I broke mine. We initially used a nut during the reinstall but that was a poor decision, it loosened up on the highway.
The nut choice had nothing to do with it loosening. That was nothing but improper torque.

I have no bits left on but still can’t get the 15 to bite going to grind the 15 down to see if that helps

Ok well the nut must be rounded off so now I am working with a hacksaw trying to cut the nut side between the track bar and the bracket. This sucks!

The tab holds it so you don’t have to get a wrench on it.

Reactions: gatertamer
The tab holds it so you don’t have to get a wrench on it. View attachment 83695
oh, ok, did not know it had an official name. Mine just has a regular nut.

Ok started this a 15:00 today replacing the drop pitman arm was no wahalla, all I need there is to find a big socket to use on the torque wrench to torque It down. Now the track bar, frame side was smooth as butter! Passenger side was a pita! Two goose eggs on my forehead 1 ratchet slipped off 2nd when after hack sawed half way through and didn’t expect it to break that easy. The. Guess what the bolt is seized up in the sleeve! So a little determination with the 6” hack saw and 5 hours later wallaa the track bar falls out, right on my eye/cheek that probably going to be a black eye.

So tomorrow I will call the Jeep dealer to see if they have the bolt and flag nut, then Uber to get there.

BIG QUESTION HERE!
does anyone know of a cross reference #? I know they are going to tell me they don’t have it for my 99 TJ but I am sure they had to of used it for other vehicles..