Help with HVAC blower

andy3213

My '97 has the older style HVAC controls with the sliders to set temp and air direction. It also does not have A/C. My blower fan runs on the first three positions but does not run on high. I replaced the relay and the blower resistor but that did not help.

I ordered a new blower switch. All of the parts places show the same switch that's supposed to fit '97-06. When I removed the switch from the dash it was clearly different than the new one. I can't find one anywhere that matches the older style blower switch that is in my Jeep.

I was able to plug the new switch into the wiring harness and could get he fan to run on (l-r) high, med, off, low. So obviously the fan is able to run on high, the new switch is just not in the right order.

I did take the old switch apart and cleaned the contacts inside but that still did not help.

A couple of questions:
Is the older style blower switch available without buying the whole HVAC control (used most likely)?
Am I going about this the right way? Is there something else that could be causing my issue?

Thanks for any help.