Help with Kicker component speakers crossover mounting

DB04RedJeep

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hopefully some of the audio experts who have installed component speakers can guide me to where and how I should mount the crossovers for installation.

I purchased Kicker KSS50 Component Speakers from Crutchfield this past Christmas from there scratch and dent site for a decent price.

The plan is to mount the Tweeters in the a-pillar cover using the angled mounts. The amp is mounted under the steering column on a small cutting board.

I installed the system last summer (Pioneer MVH-MS512BS head unit, Clarion XC2410 amp, Kicker CSC5 5-1/4 speakers front and soundbar).

I'm no audio expert at all but I'm happy with how it sounds, but I thought I would give the component speakers a try. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

Hopefully some of the audio experts who have installed component speakers can guide me to where and how I should mount the crossovers for installation.

I purchased Kicker KSS50 Component Speakers from Crutchfield this past Christmas from there scratch and dent site for a decent price.

The plan is to mount the Tweeters in the a-pillar cover using the angled mounts. The amp is mounted under the steering column on a small cutting board.

I installed the system last summer (Pioneer MVH-MS512BS head unit, Clarion XC2410 amp, Kicker CSC5 5-1/4 speakers front and soundbar).

I'm no audio expert at all but I'm happy with how it sounds, but I thought I would give the component speakers a try. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 519834

View attachment 519835

Are you pulling that trim and cutting a hole, or mounting on it and wire under.

I ram wires up that to the center windshield, it’s not a difficult pull. If mounting, you may want to stick on with double side tape and run the wire to see if you like the sound before you mount.

Are you pulling that trim and cutting a hole, or mounting on it and wire under.

I ram wires up that to the center windshield, it’s not a difficult pull. If mounting, you may want to stick on with double side tape and run the wire to see if you like the sound before you mount.

I plan on temporarily mounting them like you said with some double sided tape. If they sound good there I will pull the trim and cut the hole then.

My concern is where and how to mount the crossover boxes in the second picture.

3M double sided tape, or Gorilla tape
Zip ties as needed

Thats all I did with mine
Left woofer dash speaker, crossover to the left in that nook and zip tied to whatever is there. Same on passenger side

Good choice goin with components over coaxials
You will be much happier with the tweeters up there

Samething with the tweeters top of dash
Mine are dead center of the corner with 3M double sided tape facing my head

Last edited:

3M double sided tape, or Gorilla tape
Zip ties as needed

Thats all I did with mine
Left dash speaker, crossover to the left in that nook and zip tied to whatever is there. Same on passenger side

Good choice goin with components over coaxials
You will be much happier with the tweeters up there

Samething with the tweeters top of dash
Mine are dead center of the corner with 3M double sided tape facing my head

Thank you for this information! (y) This is a big help, if it ever stops raining around here I can start in on it.

My concern is where and how to mount the crossover boxes in the second picture.

You can mount them wherever is convenient for you. I mounted mine behind the speaker pod that holds the woofer and zip tied them into place. Realistically, as long as the wire reaches, and you can attach the crossovers where they won't fall out or get damaged, you're fine. Use hot glue, zip ties, or screws if they have provisions for them.

Reactions: DB04RedJeep