Help with next steps in my build

bucknut713

Need some build opinions.
I have $1500-$2000 to do some upgrades to my TJ. Currently it's a 1998 4.0 automatic with 3.73 gears. 4" lift with new Rancho shocks
Dana 30 with truss and Aussie locker
Dana 44 stock rear
SYE and Tom Woods shafts
8 adjustable control arms
35" tires
HD steering components but only a little better than stock.
Steel bumpers and winch
Slider steps
Not a daily driver at all.

So what should I upgrade next?
Skid plates
Gears (4.56) won't have to pay labor
Rear locker (which one)
Chromoly shafts (front and/or rear)
Steering
Gussets and sleeves
All opinions welcome and ideas on what brands to get.

20210522_160858.jpg

Personally I'd look into a new skid underneath if still running stock (include oil pan skid) and look into the tummy tuck at the same time...

Reactions: bucknut713
Do you get stuck? Do you hit the factory skid? Have you bent the steering? I'd just get what makes sense, A detroit style case locker in the rear is probably great if you don't daily drive it. To me it sounds like gears might give you the most bang for your buck. All that other stuff you'd be, durr, need that obviously and wouldn't have to ask.

Reactions: bucknut713
Do you get stuck? Do you hit the factory skid? Have you bent the steering? I'd just get what makes sense, A detroit style case locker in the rear is probably great if you don't daily drive it. To me it sounds like gears might give you the most bang for your buck. All that other stuff you'd be, durr, need that obviously and wouldn't have to ask.
Be silly to do gears without doing a locker at the same time so I’d go for gears and lockers which will help towards needing those skids.

Be silly to do gears without doing a locker at the same time so I’d go for gears and lockers which will help towards needing those skids.
I prefer to protect what I have before I make it more likely to break what's unprotected... :D