Help with P0613 code on girlfriends 06 unlimited

Ls06RedRubi

New to this forum so I apologize for my ignorance of how things work but am always interested in advice . My girlfriend recently started driving her 2006 Rubicon unlimited after a year or 2 of little usage. A week ago it started acting up like it was starving for fuel. It would run a few min and die like the ignition was just turned off. I have done minor maintenance on it and knew there was no inline fuel filter so I instinctively replaced the pump. That didnt fix it so I had it scanned and came up with P0613. Something to do with the transmission! What its doing- runs for about 5 min each morning and dies. Sometimes it will fire up but always dies, either with a press of the gas or put in drive. Sometimes it runs in reverse like nothing is wrong. Sometimes it wont get above 2500 rpms. I am at a loss. So far I have a new fuelpump, battery, cam shaft sensor and clean fuel and throttle body. Any help or what to check would be appreciated.

New to this forum so I apologize for my ignorance of how things work but am always interested in advice . My girlfriend recently started driving her 2006 Rubicon unlimited after a year or 2 of little usage. A week ago it started acting up like it was starving for fuel. It would run a few min and die like the ignition was just turned off. I have done minor maintenance on it and knew there was no inline fuel filter so I instinctively replaced the pump. That didnt fix it so I had it scanned and came up with P0613. Something to do with the transmission! What its doing- runs for about 5 min each morning and dies. Sometimes it will fire up but always dies, either with a press of the gas or put in drive. Sometimes it runs in reverse like nothing is wrong. Sometimes it wont get above 2500 rpms. I am at a loss. So far I have a new fuelpump, battery, cam shaft sensor and clean fuel and throttle body. Any help or what to check would be appreciated.

Sounds like her TCM (transmission control module) could be going bad.

The common causes of a P0613 code are as follows:
  • Faulty TCM/PCM
  • TCM/PCM programming error
  • Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
  • Failed TCM/PCM power source
  • Insufficient control module ground
Being as though the 05-06 models have the ECM and TCM as one unit (the PCM), that means she may be looking at a totally new PCM.

On the earlier models (97-04) the ECM and TCM were two separate modules.

Sounds like her TCM (transmission control module) could be going bad.

The common causes of a P0613 code are as follows:
  • Faulty TCM/PCM
  • TCM/PCM programming error
  • Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
  • Failed TCM/PCM power source
  • Insufficient control module ground
Being as though the 05-06 models have the ECM and TCM as one unit (the PCM), that means she may be looking at a totally new PCM.

On the earlier models (97-04) the ECM and TCM were two separate modules.

Chris, thanks for the response. Is there s way to test the PCM?

Reactions: Chris
I will check into this. Thanks agian for your knowledge and path to try. I thought I had one but I will share a photo of her ride with you tomorrow.

No problem at all, happy to help any way I can.

I look forward to seeing a photo!