Help with step / rock sliders for 2006 LJ

liftapint

Supporting Member
I need some help selecting a mod that will help me get into my Jeep. I'm vertically challenged, and I can hardly get into my Jeep now — as soon as I install my seat risers, I'm afraid it will be a lost cause.

I *will* be taking my Jeep off-road, although "rock crawling" is probably not the best description. I'll be hitting trails in the Cascade Mountains of Washington state.

If the mod adds protection for my Jeep, great. But my immediate need is "step". I've been looking at "rock sliders" (I'm new to this, still learning what these things mean). I want to get something that is top quality. I consulted the forum before ordering floor mats (went with WeatherTech), and couldn't be happier with the result. I tried to do the same thing for this mod, but am not finding what I need.

What do you think? here is a photo of my Jeep. It already has some sort of protection. But I need a step bar of some sort. Bonus points if it's black.

butter.JPG

I went with JCR sliders. They have a step on them however they are primarily a slider.
20200814_170759.jpg

My LJ had steps/sliders on it when I bought it. The PO said he did not remember where he got them but these are pretty close. A forum member found the link for me. Installation required drilling into the frame which I probably would not do now.

jeep-wrangler-lj-2004-2006-rock-sliders

They are indeed heavy duty and the finish is holding up great. Pic of mine:

IMG_5653.jpeg

Depending on how much lift is on your Jeep the step up to something like @06lj posted might be a big one since you say you are vertically challenged.

My LJ had seat risers in when I bought it. About 10 seconds later the seat risers were out.

Pricey but might fit the bill. Spring loaded and removable if needed for off roading.

Check around, there may be better pricing, this was just the first place that came up when I searched for it.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/more-hide-a-step-black-tj-tjstb.html
Someone on here used one one of those hoop steps and mounted a plate under the jeep, or maybe just drilled into the sliders they had, I can’t remember. Then just bolted the hoop to it Making it easily removable if needed for off-roading.