Help with tub swap wiring harness

Dlo250

Hi all. Searched all the how to’s and couldn’t find an answer. I’m doing a tub swap on a 1997 TJ. I’m trying to remove the harness from the old tub for the new tub. Pics attached.

What I can’t figure out is how to get the electrical blocks through the firewall hole.

I’m hoping there is a way the forum knows on how to disassembleone of these to pass thru the firewall.
Any help is appreciated.
Dave

8A4A58E7-41EF-402B-B6E7-CF327D7702FC.jpeg

16EB96D1-89F0-4D5B-BC09-5C48EAFDFE5C.jpeg

Hi all. Searched all the how to’s and couldn’t find an answer. I’m doing a tub swap on a 1997 TJ. I’m trying to remove the harness from the old tub for the new tub. Pics attached.

What I can’t figure out is how to get the electrical blocks through the firewall hole.

I’m hoping there is a way the forum knows on how to disassembleone of these to pass thru the firewall.
Any help is appreciated.
Dave

View attachment 172042

View attachment 172043
They did not attach the block after the harness was pushed through that hole. ;)

Mrblane,

No kidding! I’m hoping there is a more elegant way to do this than sawzalling a bigger hole in the firewall!!
I’m sitting here totally vexed at the moment.

As you can see from the pic, I’m doing a frame off restore and am trying to be very meticulous!

6141E1A4-087C-4D66-9463-BB021309D804.jpeg

Reactions: jeepins
I haven't tried doing this myself but my best guess with @mrblaine hint is that it probably needs to pass through the firewall in the opposite direction.

Are the connectors on the other end of the harness small enough to pass through the firewall hole?

These are the two bigger blocks on the other end of the harness. Looks even worse going that direction.

image.jpg

Well, now I feel stupid. I went back under the dash and realized it is a separate piece.

I will drink 2 IPAs before noon as penance.
Thanks for the help! Back to lurking.

image.jpg

Reactions: Jamison C