Here is some reality of today's world

In my CHL class they really emphasized the thought of taking someone else's life no matter what the circumstances are. Sure protecting yourself and your family, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger if it came to that but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have demons the rest of my life over it.

Reactions: Zorba
I'd still feel bad about killing another person. Even if they were threatening my family, I'd always think there could have been another way, we could have done something different. But I'd rather be alive to feel bad than not. I just hope it never comes to that. Sometimes, when I see people bragging about ammo and guns they keep, I feel they are itchin' for a fight. I hope I'm wrong.

Unless there is something wrong with you I don't think anyone looks to have to shoot another human being.
Being a combat veteran I have been placed in that situation. Not gunna talk body count but there is a time and place where violence is needed.
Someone trying to harm my family would be one of those times.

What is happening now is the same bullshit the military goes through when civilians are involved in a operation. It's easy to play arm chair warriors. But when it's a split second between you coming home or not there isn't a lot of time to decide.

Unless there is something wrong with you I don't think anyone looks to have to shoot another human being.
Being a combat veteran I have been placed in that situation. Not gunna talk body count but there is a time and place where violence is needed.
Someone trying to harm my family would be one of those times.

What is happening now is the same bullshit the military goes through when civilians are involved in a operation. It's easy to play arm chair warriors. But when it's a split second between you coming home or not there isn't a lot of time to decide.
War scenarios don’t necessarily apply but on a protecting your home or loved ones situation, it’s the bad guy making the decisions and they will have to live or die with the consequences.

Rubi04,

Hang tough... be sure to let your co-workers/supervisors know so they can be aware and provide some patrols by your house while you are on shift or getting shuteye. Not trying to tell you what to do, I'm sure you know the drill with 20 yrs down. I can empathize, in another life I worked Gang Suppression and when you put a key player DOC for a stretch, they specialized in playing mind games, intimidation, and pulling strings from the inside. It's hard to cope with when it goes long term. It's one thing to know because of the job you have to constantly have your head on a swivel but its an entirely different level of stress when you have to teach those you love to do the same. I had several incidents where I had to send loved ones on "vacation" to get a handle on things.

One time occurrence, maybe some random knucklehead. You keep experiencing shit that's out of sorts, start running down anyone that may have cause along with known associates. Not sure about where you are, but I never knew the streets to keep a secret. No such thing as paranoia and no such thing as routine in your line of work. Stay safe and thanks for putting it out there.

Rubi04,

Hang tough... be sure to let your co-workers/supervisors know so they can be aware and provide some patrols by your house while you are on shift or getting shuteye. Not trying to tell you what to do, I'm sure you know the drill with 20 yrs down. I can empathize, in another life I worked Gang Suppression and when you put a key player DOC for a stretch, they specialized in playing mind games, intimidation, and pulling strings from the inside. It's hard to cope with when it goes long term. It's one thing to know because of the job you have to constantly have your head on a swivel but its an entirely different level of stress when you have to teach those you love to do the same. I had several incidents where I had to send loved ones on "vacation" to get a handle on things.

One time occurrence, maybe some random knucklehead. You keep experiencing shit that's out of sorts, start running down anyone that may have cause along with known associates. Not sure about where you are, but I never knew the streets to keep a secret. No such thing as paranoia and no such thing as routine in your line of work. Stay safe and thanks for putting it out there.

I appreciate that. And yep, patrols have been increased and people are well aware.
You are right, it does suck that family suffers for the work for sure. They know the gig but I don’t like it.

Gotta love the gang units. Yuck. People don’t quite get the reach some have from DOC.

Hoping it’s random for sure, no activity last night and got a few hours of sleep finally. One of my good friends has offered to come over off duty to take a few shifts too. That’s another part that few get is the family aspect of those you work and bleed with. Our military people understand it our firefighters, our EMT’s....loads of respect for them all.

You are quite right, no secrets out there. I’ve worked for 3 departments and maintain contacts throughout the state, I got ears out to help figure it out if it’s legit.

Reactions: Wildman
It's a shame any of us need to worry about such things happening to them. No matter what your job you shouldn't have to worry about someone bringing it to your DOOR.
Stay safe and know no matter what there are those of us out here who do support you.