Hey guys, what are the odds if I recrimp my radiator tanks it will last a few years?

My tank just cracked on my 04 tj. The local radiator shop tells me the the plastic lasts about 12 years.
I understand from the above posts & posts from the past that OEM is the way to go. Does that mean
from the Jeep dealer or just a OEM from the local radiator shop. Napa quoted $140---O'Riellys quoted
$133 & the radiator shop wanted $105 and claims he has had no complaints on what he sells.
The oem radiator sucks!!! It’s an awful design especially for Arizona. I went through 3 in 11 years and they struggle always running hot, I went with an aluminum it’s much bigger along with a 93 explorer fan clutch and blade(it encompasses the entire shroud and had 10 blades) these 2 mods are the best I’ve done for the old TJ. I can’t emphasize this enough, no more overheating, not when I climb the hills to payson or flag not when I sit in traffic. Try it you will love it.

The oem radiator sucks!!! It’s an awful design especially for Arizona. I went through 3 in 11 years and they struggle always running hot, I went with an aluminum it’s much bigger along with a 93 explorer fan clutch and blade(it encompasses the entire shroud and had 10 blades) these 2 mods are the best I’ve done for the old TJ. I can’t emphasize this enough, no more overheating, not when I climb the hills to payson or flag not when I sit in traffic. Try it you will love it.
Funny that others wheeling in hot Arizona/SoCal desert conditions have no problems with their OEM Mopar radiators keeping their engines cool in the hottest conditions. Me included.

sounds like you're masking another problem.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Why you gotta be that way? You do know that the TJ is made for and runs in the UAE where the temps make even the worst part of AZ in the summer time seem tolerably cool in comparison? The different between the export Middle East cooling system and domestic is exactly zero except for them being right hand drive.

My Mopar radiator handles climbs 5k feet over 3hrs during 100+ degree days on a regular basis to get to our favorite hangouts here in UT. Temps sometimes climb past the 210 mark but just barely. The only issue I've had is with heat soak when we stop for a quick snack, restarting after a few minutes of sitting turned into a half hour of having the hood up to let everything cool down. But, some insulation cured that issue. I bought my replacement Mopar radiator from Amazon for about $200 after the original 21 year old unit sprang a leak from the top tank.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
All we need is @TheBoogieman to post some pictures of the elusive desert fan for this little diversion to be complete.
Desert fan.jpg

You guys are lucky because I hear overheating complaints out here for even newer Jeep’s, the champion 2 row rad and 93 explorer fan clutch and 10 blade is the best upgrade I’ve done. It’s absolutely changed my temps, no more 215-220 and worrying if it will make up camp verde hill. No it just goes at 205-210 and climbs.
But since I have your attention any advice on gearing ratio? I’m at 3.07 I can’t believe it is in any Jeep and it’s manual, sunflower mine/smiley rock was less fun with that gearing, so I’m always in first and feathering the gas.