Hidden Jeep Danger

jeep_boss

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Wondering if this has happened to anyone else here. A couple of weeks after I bought my Jeep, I had NAILED my hip bone right in front of my left kidney on the door latch retainer:

4AB2C1E7-DDEA-4257-8D4B-156B614E1829.jpeg

The impact bruised my kidney and caused a deep hematoma, and it hurt like hell.

Several months later, I swung myself into my Jeep and did it AGAIN! Nailed myself in the same spot, there was already internal scar tissue from the last incident.

I'm actually going to see a doctor soon to get it checked out. I bumped into something in the area the other day around the house, and I could still feel damage from those two impacts.

Has this happend to anyone else? I hate that damned thing!

This hasn’t happened to me, but apparently a lot of forum members such as @Stinger have someone torn off lots of belt buckle loops on them!

Reactions: Chuck Clute
Not trying to criticize, but maybe it is your technique for getting into your jeep, I have never had this happen to me so I am just taking a guess here...... of course, now that I have said that it will happen tomorrow morning at 0500 when I am leaving for work!
After 4 belt loops; I learned my lesson and get in being aware of it.
I’m 6’1

Reactions: Chris
I was reading about this when I first got my jeep and had no idea what it was about...well 4 belt loops later it is pissing me off. the worst part is I don't know if it when I get in or out as I only notice it at night when I take my pants off.

Last edited:
Has this happend to anyone else? I hate that damned thing!
Has never happened to me but I have hit my funny bone on it once (not f'ing funny btw).

I'm curious though, when this happens are you getting in or out? I have these GraBar handles that I use and never even come close to the door striker.

Reactions: jeep_boss
Knock on wood, no belt loops yet. Sorry @jeep_boss that this has turned into belt loops, but I think the point is that striker is dangerous to knees, belt loops, and just about anything else, huh?

Reactions: jeep_boss
Not trying to criticize, but maybe it is your technique for getting into your jeep, I have never had this happen to me so I am just taking a guess here...... of course, now that I have said that it will happen tomorrow morning at 0500 when I am leaving for work!

Yeah, it is definitely due to how I have to get in. I'm tall and my Jeep has a 5.5" long arm lift. I have to step in with my right foot in the footwell, then grab the steering wheel and swing myself inside. It's not foolproof and if anything goes wrong - I nail myself badly :/

Has never happened to me but I have hit my funny bone on it once (not f'ing funny btw).

I'm curious though, when this happens are you getting in or out? I have these GraBar handles that I use and never even come close to the door striker.

Getting in! :\