High beam indicator comes on intermittently

BoldlyGoing

TJ Addict
So, I’ve had this annoying issue for about 2 yrs.

After I installed LED headlights, the high beam indicator on the dash comes on and off randomly.

The actual high beams do not come on, just the indicator.

I suspect that somehow power is bleedign in to the circuit because if I recall correctly, the indicator is powered by the high beam circuit itself.

Any ideas to troubleshoot this before I just pull the bulb out?

I have a similar problem, my high beam indicator light doesn't come on all the time when highs are on. Getting ready to put LED's in but I think it's the wiring in the turn signal stalk. Just have to keep digging.

I have a similar problem, my high beam indicator light doesn't come on all the time when highs are on. Getting ready to put LED's in but I think it's the wiring in the turn signal stalk. Just have to keep digging.
I thought it might be that, but theres no change in the light if I jiggle the stalk, so I don’t think so.

Changed to LED's in the instrument panel, Had one bad LED so left the middle one standard. Changed out the high beam indicator because it was only working sometimes. High beam now works so when high beams are on it's on and when high beams are off it has a steady blink. Don't understand why it changed. I just removed it until I have time to mess with it.

Changed to LED's in the instrument panel, Had one bad LED so left the middle one standard. Changed out the high beam indicator because it was only working sometimes. High beam now works so when high beams are on it's on and when high beams are off it has a steady blink. Don't understand why it changed. I just removed it until I have time to mess with it.
I think I’m just gonna pull it. It’s not like it’s not immediately obvious my high beams are on. They are super bright