High beam stuck on and low beams don't work

JoshJ04

1997 TJ, 4.0L

New day, New problems.

I switched my Wranglers lights out to Sylvania Silverstars about a month and a half ago. They were great and worked fine, except for today. A really weird issue started happening. When I have my headlights on and my high beam switch off, my high beams will stay on. When I push the switch forward, the high beams stay on, but when I pull the switch twords me (to flash), my headlights turn off altogether. Now, thats if I'm lucky. I was driving home in the dark because my headlights kept turning off. I only got them on by pushing the high beam switch forward and back. Then when they did turn on, only the high beams stayed on. I want to make it clear that my highbeams are stuck on even though the blinker switch isn't pushed forward or pulled back.

I changed out the blinker switch a couple years ago for a different issue with one by Omix. Not sure if that part helps.

Does this sound like the turn signal/high bean switch or the actual pullout light switch. Thanks!

Interesting I would have also thought the high/low beam function ran through the multifunction switch. I'll have to look at the FSM.

-Mac

Interesting I would have also thought the high/low beam function ran through the multifunction switch. I'll have to look at the FSM.
He has a '97, it has an old-fashioned pull-on headlight switch with no MFS. It's controlled by both the headlight switch and turn signal lever, it's probably the turn signal switch.

He has a '97, it has an old-fashioned pull-on headlight switch with no MFS. It's controlled by both the headlight switch and turn signal lever, it's probably the turn signal switch.

I have a MFS on my 97. FSM shows the dimmer switch as part of the MFS. 8W-50-4.

IMG20240216072452.jpg

-Mac