High end TJ engines

ColoJeep

Just a car guy
Supporting Member
In these days of $ 100,000 + factory JL Wranglers , are exotic engines unreasonable for TJ's ? If you have the bucks and love your TJ why not.
Of course you could LS swap it 10 times for the cost , but that isn't the the point if you have money. The packaging would be sweet and you wouldn't have all the power adder issues.

Ryan Falconer Racing engines L6 302 c.i.d , naturally aspirated , 480 h.p. @7000 rpm , 414 lb ft torque at 5000 rpm , But this is the cool thing 316 lb ft at 2100 rpm !
You could wheel it with far more power than the modded Fuelie Rambler motor we all have And Have enough power to push the Jeep down the road !
Just dreaming , but it would be cool! in that $45,000 kinda way.

falconer_l6_1.jpg

In these days of $ 100,000 + factory JL Wranglers , are exotic engines unreasonable for TJ's ? If you have the bucks and love your TJ why not.
Of course you could LS swap it 10 times for the cost , but that isn't the the point if you have money. The packaging would be sweet and you wouldn't have all the power adder issues.

Ryan Falconer Racing engines L6 302 c.i.d , naturally aspirated , 480 h.p. @7000 rpm , 414 lb ft torque at 5000 rpm , But this is the cool thing 316 lb ft at 2100 rpm !
You could wheel it with far more power than the modded Fuelie Rambler motor we all have And Have enough power to push the Jeep down the road !
Just dreaming , but it would be cool! in that $45,000 kinda way.

View attachment 420306

The dry-sump oil system on that engine cost more than a stock LS or HEMI swap.

Of course that's what makes the most sense , but we are talking about comparing this to a $100,000 factory JL mindset.

Oh buy the way the L6 weighs in at 363 lbs. as pictured !

EDIT: For my spelling.

How dare you even say swapping in a LS makes any kind of sense. HEMI- YES LS- NO

I mean... in every way it makes sense to LS swap besides maybe "coolness".....;)

Putting a Lame Shit engine into a perfectly good Jeep of any era is completely senseless and uncool by a huge factor.

HEMI swap isn't just COOL it makes a lot more sense. Laziness is those who use a LS engine.

Putting a Lame Shit engine into a perfectly good Jeep of any era is completely senseless and uncool by a huge factor.

HEMI swap isn't just COOL it makes a lot more sense. Laziness is those who use a LS engine.

Heavier, less power, less aftermarket support, bigger, less efficient, more expensive. I guess I should do that Hemi...

Heavier, less power, less aftermarket support, bigger, less efficient, more expensive. I guess I should do that Hemi...

You're missing the point...

It's a little bit of sarcastic banter between myself and a few other members.
I stayed true to the brand and have a Mopar engine in my TJ. Back when I did my swap a LS engine was cost prohibitive.
And when was anything we did to our Jeeps supposed to make sense?

If you have the money this exotic engine sounds like a lot more fun than either a Hemi or LS.

Don't get me wrong, that's awesome in every way, but 480 hp in a short wheelbase TJ? That's going to be absolutely scary as hell to drive! :LOL:

Needs a longer wheelbase ;)

That's why you swap in a Twin-Six. The necessary added wheelbase plus the weight of the engine would keep that nose down! ;)

You're missing the point...

It's a little bit of sarcastic banter between myself and a few other members.
I stayed true to the brand and have a Mopar engine in my TJ. Back when I did my swap a LS engine was cost prohibitive.
And when was anything we did to our Jeeps supposed to make sense?

If you have the money this exotic engine sounds like a lot more fun than either a Hemi or LS.
While all my statements were true I too was being sarcastic. I have picked up on it on the forum🤣

Last edited: