High idle after battery died

Rollerderby

Supporting Member
/tldr
disconnect battery, charge, reconnect and hopefully it returns to normal operations... Mine did and apparently this is a known issue.

The long version —
Last weekend I went clamming and pulled the jeep... unfortunately with staging, driving, dinner and forgetting to turn off the rig... dead battery. No problem right, I always carry a battery charger, cables and even a spare battery. It was late, so I hooked up the battery charger putting it under the hood so it didn't wonder off. In the AM, the jeep started and idled at ~2500 rpm.

I figured that I knocked or otherwise caused a vacuum leak, I couldn't find a problem. Maybe I bumped an electrical connection, I started re-seating when I unplugged the TPS and boom, Idle dropped to the normal 800 rpms. I purchase a replacement TPS but unfortunately I couldn't easily get it removed and heck it was running ok with minimal sputtering. When I got home, I pull the throttle body/carb as that is easiest way to replace the TPS and I get to clean out the throttlebody... Dang, wrong part $58.. thanks Napa in Grays harbor, return at the Enumclaw Napa $76 and replace. Same damn thing.

I looked on this site again — thanks guys you are the best... but I couldn't anything here so I started googling and found a post on another sister site suggesting this fix. I went ahead and charged again overnight, hooked everything back up and its back to proper operations.

While a little disappointing yesterday, the jeep did get a lot of attention getting sand out of it and various other things. Nice warm day working on the jeep with the tunes...

Sorry this is probably a duplicate post Chris, feel free to delete.
Ben