Highline battery relocation (genright)

The4bangertj

just because you can does not mean you should
Supporting Member
I currently have diy stock highline fenders with the battery still on the stock tray mounted to the fender. I have since hit the fender on a rock and have taking some desert trails pretty hard where my passanger fender (a thinner replacement fender) has now ripped in a few places from the weight and stress so I want to get a new battery tray to atleast keep from ripping off my fenders. I plan on one day going genright highlines so I figured I’d get their battery bracket but I have heard some people dislike that bracket design but couldn’t figure out why besides it doesn’t come with a top strap. Any advice on my choice for genright battery tray or advice to look out when I get a genright tray is appreciated. My current battery is 8x11 which is from what I can find the biggest that will fit in the bucket part of the bracket.

I have that Genright bracket and highlines. It works fine, but it is designed to fit an optima battery, or one of similar size. A stock battery will not fit. I do recall having to fab a hold down bracket for it. If memory serves, I also seem to recall adding additional support to make it a bit more solid. It also places the positive post close to the fender and hood, so you need to protect that area from shorts.

Reactions: The4bangertj
I have that Genright bracket and highlines. It works fine, but it is designed to fit an optima battery, or one of similar size. A stock battery will not fit. I do recall having to fab a hold down bracket for it. If memory serves, I also seem to recall adding additional support to make it a bit more solid. It also places the positive post close to the fender and hood, so you need to protect that area from shorts.

Ya from watching the install video they post they use the same side battery that I currently have (34/78) but I have a lead acid not an agl or gel. I do have to make my own tie downs which isn’t the end of the world but adding supports is kinda lame. Glad nothing too serious is an issue.

I plan on one day going genright highlines so I figured I’d get their battery bracket but I have heard some people dislike that bracket design but couldn’t figure out why besides it doesn’t come with a top strap.
You might want to ask mrblaine. On my GR hi-fender install, he used the Metalcloak bracket (modified?) which retains the OEM tray and moved the PCM up. I'm running an Odyssey 34/78 battery

Reactions: The4bangertj