Hola from Arizona

TJFett

Hi everyone!

I've had my TJ for a little over 3 years now, and besides all of the correcting I've been doing from the lack of TLC from the PO I am really itching to get started on the real project work. I stumbled across this forum as one does when searching for ideas for upgrades, and advice. So here I am!

I am currently waiting until payday to replace most of my drive shaft components. Previous owner seems to have neglected to lube some bearings and they are now dust, and the joints are in pretty rough shape all around. Mostly my fault for not going through everything more attentively. 🤷‍♂️

Anywho I am looking forward to annoying my wife with what will likely be multi-year project. It is still my daily driver, but I'm planning on doing a full restoration, and upgrade process from tires to top. Frame, engine, suspension, transmission, axles, dash, wiring, etc. It is approaching 200k miles on the 4.0 so once I pick up another daily this will become my weekend project.

Reactions: Gregg1LE and Chris
Screenshot_20181120-195200_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Gregg1LE
Welcome to the forum! Your TJ looks great so far... except I think your bumper is begging for a winch, huh? ;)

That thing is going to be a fun (and expensive) project... ask me how I know :D

Reactions: EJD and TJFett
Welcome to the forum! Your TJ looks great so far... except I think your bumper is begging for a winch, huh? ;)

That thing is going to be a fun (and expensive) project... ask me how I know :D

I know, right? That is something that I had planned on putting on after I installed the new bumper, but life happened. I am hoping to be able to keep it running smoothly until I graduate, and can save up to start the build. I have some major death wobble that is on the top of my list of things to fix and a few other maintenance issues to take care of in the meantime.

Always plenty of work to do when you own a jeep 😆

Reactions: Chris
I know, right? That is something that I had planned on putting on after I installed the new bumper, but life happened. I am hoping to be able to keep it running smoothly until I graduate, and can save up to start the build. I have some major death wobble that is on the top of my list of things to fix and a few other maintenance issues to take care of in the meantime.

Always plenty of work to do when you own a jeep 😆

Yep, I hear ya! Got to take care of the important things first by all means!

Reactions: TJFett