Hollister OHV

LakeBeard

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My Wife an I are making a last minute trip up to Hollister. We are going to stay at Hacienda de Leal. Any tips on places to eat or must do trails? We are going to be there this Friday, leaving Sunday.

Spending a full day at Hollister Hills you could run all of the trails. The play areas are fun to goof of in too. Jungle trail used to be my favorite, but over the years its become more like Tank Trap.

The best possible bit of advice I can give you is DONT TOUCH ANYTHING GREEN 😃 I dont care if its poison oak or not. Do not touch any plants or bushes. And don't touch the outside of your Jeep if you drive through bushes on the trail. Poison oak is a bitch, but my kids and I have never gotten it following those rules 😁

Been going there since the 80s and I have friends that get it every time.

Reactions: LakeBeard
Its a fun place I was just there the other week. Pack a lunch and you should be able to do most of the trails in a day. The do have air near the entrance to make airing back up really easy. I forgot the name of the mexican restaurant in town but ill try and look it up.

Spending a full day at Hollister Hills you could run all of the trails. The play areas are fun to goof of in too. Jungle trail used to be my favorite, but over the years its become more like Tank Trap.

The best possible bit of advice I can give you is DONT TOUCH ANYTHING GREEN 😃 I dont care if its poison oak or not. Do not touch any plants or bushes. And don't touch the outside of your Jeep if you drive through bushes on the trail. Poison oak is a bitch, but my kids and I have never gotten it following those rules 😁

Been going there since the 80s and I have friends that get it every time.

Thats funny. When I was in middle school on occasion we'd dirtbike at Hollister. One time, when teaching a friend how to ride, I mistook one of the bumps at the end of the trail as a jump to mess around on and completely loaded the suspension to get more air. I landed about 1/4th into the main road and the bike's skid hit a stump on the other side. I flew down the embankment and a bush broke my fall. I was happy I landed in the bush until the next day when I was head to toe in poison oak. Every time I touched the dirtbike for a few months I'd get poison oak again.

The price you pay for a safeish landing 😃 What gives you a rash is an oil. The gift that can keep on giving.

Another rule there is don't pet anyone's dogs if you don't know where they have been. Guaranteed bad time for you if they have been wandering around off trail 😬

Reactions: Alex01