Hollywood movie remake thread

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Since that's all they are capable of doing here's a thread to discuss the suckage.

First up - Naked Gun Liam Neeson remake

Pam Anderson cast as love interest in doomed Naked Gun remake

Pamela Anderson is heading back to the big screen to join Liam Neeson for Paramount Pictures' untitled remake of Naked Gun, which is based on crime spoof comedies released in the 1980s and 1990s.

The Lonely Island alum Akiva Schaffer is set to direct the film which is set for release on 18 July 2025. The script is by Dan Gregor, Doug Man and Schaffer, who collaborated on 2022's popular Emmy-winning Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers....

Plot details for the remake are being kept a secret, but Neeson will play the main lead clueless detective Frank Drebin who still somehow solves the crimes and saves the day. The role was originally played by Leslie Nielsen. Anderson is cast to play his love interest, playing a role similar to the one essayed by Priscilla Presley.

—————————————————————————————-

"Pamela attended this Paris event in 2023 with no glam, where she proudly posed for au-naturel pictures."
AA1lHsgq_jpg-3190335.jpg

AA1lHnv9_jpg-3190336.jpg

• Face Palm
Reactions: Chris and DaveC
The remake thing truly is sad.

My wife and I no longer watch TV anymore other than particular channels we like on YouTube. Other than that we cancelled Netflix, Hulu, and everything else. It’s just not worth it.

Every so often a good movie comes out, but none of them are remakes. The Hollywood blockbuster really ruined cinema in large part. I side with Quentin Tarantino and Scorsese on this.

The last remake I saw that was worth a damn was the 2002 remake of "The Time Machine", which was actually VERY good and complimented the original 1960 version nicely. When they remade "Willy Wonka", I was disgusted - I don't even pay attention anymore. What's next? "Gone with the Wind"? "The Wizard of Oz"? "Metropolis"? Is nothing sacred?

I'm also pretty much done with ever running "franchises". I lost interest in Star Wars decades ago. Star Trek can't seem to get away from TOS episode "Space Seed", which was a bad choice to base a movie on in the first place. Blah, blah, blah...

The last remake I saw that was worth a damn was the 2002 remake of "The Time Machine", which was actually VERY good and complimented the original 1960 version nicely. When they remade "Willy Wonka", I was disgusted - I don't even pay attention anymore. What's next? "Gone with the Wind"? "The Wizard of Oz"? "Metropolis"? Is nothing sacred?

I'm also pretty much done with ever running "franchises". I lost interest in Star Wars decades ago. Star Trek can't seem to get away from TOS episode "Space Seed", which was a bad choice to base a movie on in the first place. Blah, blah, blah...

I watched the Wonka movie on an airplane a couple weeks ago. I thought it was interesting and complimented the original.

Reactions: Zorba and RHanna
When Queen Latifah became The Equalizer, I knew that Hollywood quality was on the upswing.

Coming soon, Lizzo portrays Mary Lou Retton in the biopic of her Olympic dreams becoming real.

Edit: Found some images from the set of the Mary Lou Retton movie!

Mary Lou Retton

GettyImages-928302408.jpg

And here's her doppleganger showing her gymnastic skills.

I can't tell them apart...

Lizzo.png

Last edited:
I watched the Wonka movie on an airplane a couple weeks ago. I thought it was interesting and complimented the original.

I have this theory about watching movies on planes - it makes you enjoy it way more than usual because you’re trapped and captive.
I’ve seen what I thought were awesome movies on planes only to watch them again at home and be like - “meh”

Since that's all they are capable of doing here's a thread to discuss the suckage.

First up - Naked Gun Liam Neeson remake

Pam Anderson cast as love interest in doomed Naked Gun remake

Pamela Anderson is heading back to the big screen to join Liam Neeson for Paramount Pictures' untitled remake of Naked Gun, which is based on crime spoof comedies released in the 1980s and 1990s.

The Lonely Island alum Akiva Schaffer is set to direct the film which is set for release on 18 July 2025. The script is by Dan Gregor, Doug Man and Schaffer, who collaborated on 2022's popular Emmy-winning Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers....

Plot details for the remake are being kept a secret, but Neeson will play the main lead clueless detective Frank Drebin who still somehow solves the crimes and saves the day. The role was originally played by Leslie Nielsen. Anderson is cast to play his love interest, playing a role similar to the one essayed by Priscilla Presley.

—————————————————————————————-

"Pamela attended this Paris event in 2023 with no glam, where she proudly posed for au-naturel pictures."
View attachment 519532

View attachment 519533

Leslie Nielson was the perfect straight man in those movies. I can’t imagine Liam Neeson pulling it off.

But the real question is - who is now going to play OJ?

• Haha
Reactions: RangerTJ and L J
I have this theory about watching movies on planes - it makes you enjoy it way more than usual because you’re trapped and captive.
I’ve seen what I thought were awesome movies on planes only to watch them again at home and be like - “meh”

I can see that, you're at the mercy of your headphones.

But I didn't know anything about Wonka before watching it and expected it to be the same old thing. Instead it was how he came to be which was interesting to me although completely unbelievable but so was the original.

Reactions: Zorba
As bad as the remakes are, the pointing finger of blame for their poor performances is always prime entertainment.

Like Elizabeth Banks claiming that her Charlie's Angels remake was NOT for straight white men, and then being surprised when straight white men didn't pay to see it.

Angels.png

• Haha
Reactions: L J and Apparition

Yea, I saw that one at my daughter's house a couple of weeks ago. In part I think it kinda tried too hard, but OTOH, the ending was fantastic! But it wasn't a remake, rather a prequel.