Hooke Road tailgate stopper

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
Doesnt really fit a late TJ as advertised, its about an inch too short but you can make it work.
No big deal really but thought I would post in case anyone else was considering one and would not be happy with the slide stopper having to push on the plastic hinge cover.

Hook Road 1.jpg

Hook Road2.jpg

Reactions: John Cooper
Thanks for the info... I just received this item after getting tired of fighting the tailgate - but I only saw your review AFTER I PURCHASED IT...
Life SUCKS! Oh Well - I am an old Navy Sea Bee and "CanDO" will get it done. Thanks for the pics and the info.. It helped me greatly Thanks Again ! !

Reactions: CreepinDeth
YES IT IS !! ! ! But ... I feel better now because I have sent it BACK & will jury rig something else of my own doing - Thanks Uncle Sam for Making me an OLD Navy Seabee with a "Can Do" mind set.... !

• USA Proud
Reactions: tr21triton
Reactions: chili_pepper
Doesnt really fit a late TJ as advertised, its about an inch too short but you can make it work.
No big deal really but thought I would post in case anyone else was considering one and would not be happy with the slide stopper having to push on the plastic hinge cover.

View attachment 287319

View attachment 287320

Any benefit to mounting it a bit lower to miss the plastic? I realize that means it will be even shorter yet (relative to the hinge) and there might be issues with the strength of the gate if lowered, just a thought. Seems like a modified version of that design could be made to work for the TJ...

If he used the VHB with good prep, I would be surprised if it didn't hold. His has a lot more surface area in contact with the gate.

Yes, that's exactly what I used. I gave the tailgate a hard push with the stopper fully-extended and didn't observe the holder being nudged at all. But I'll continue to monitor and see how well the tape holds up in the coming months!

Yes, that's exactly what I used. I gave the tailgate a hard push with the stopper fully-extended and didn't observe the holder being nudged at all. But I'll continue to monitor and see how well the tape holds up in the coming months!

It continues to increase the bond over time so if it doesn't move right away, it only gets better.