Hooking up DRLs to fuse box?

Cole

TJ Enthusiast
I installed these new headlights last year and didn't bother hooking up the DRL's right away. Now I'm getting around to doing it and have a question as I know next to NOTHING about wiring..... Can I just run the wires to the fuse box behind the glove compartment and use a fuse tap into the parking lights? Or, is there a fuse that is on when the Jeep is running I could tap into?

Any suggestions, comments, etc. extremely helpful! Thanks guys!!

Capture.JPG

Yes you can use a fuse tap but you need to meter which power is switched. Just did mine on the weekend.
What did you end up tapping into?

So, basically just turn 'er on and figure out which fuse slot is empty and has power, OR, just tap into the parking lights if I plan on having the option of shutting off the DRL's?

I have the same headlights, or similar. I used the "spare" switched hot wire behind the glove box to hook up my DRL's.
I installed a fuse holder and ran a wire under the dash and through the fire wall. I believe it is a blue wire, but you can check the FSM to make sure.

I have the same headlights, or similar. I used the "spare" switched hot wire behind the glove box to hook up my DRL's.
I installed a fuse holder and ran a wire under the dash and through the fire wall. I believe it is a blue wire, but you can check the FSM to make sure.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!

What did you end up tapping into?

So, basically just turn 'er on and figure out which fuse slot is empty and has power, OR, just tap into the parking lights if I plan on having the option of shutting off the DRL's?

My jeep is at the shop getting the lift put in so I can't check, but regardless of what fuse anyone tells you, put a meter on it to confirm that the power you are drawing from is actually switched with the ignition. Very straightforward. You'll need that and a fuse tap.

Reactions: Cole
My jeep is at the shop getting the lift put in so I can't check, but regardless of what fuse anyone tells you, put a meter on it to confirm that the power you are drawing from is actually switched with the ignition. Very straightforward. You'll need that and a fuse tap.
Wonderful. Thank you, appreciate it!!